Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CFL's and X10 AHP?  (Read 5834 times)

calldrin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CFL's and X10 AHP?
« on: September 14, 2010, 07:35:33 PM »

Since the old filament light bulbs are soon being outlawed by our "Know what is better for us Big Brother" ..

What are we going to use for a dimming light bulb?

Do we have to stock-up on a lifetime quantity of the old bulbs?

What are you going to do?

Chuck

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: CFL's and X10 AHP?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »

I'm going to vote for the first person who says they will defund the EPA.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 06:28:19 AM »

The bulb manufacturers are working on bulbs that meet the new effency standards and compatible to the older ones.
Incadescent bulbs are not baned outright; if they can meet the new standards. Could be a big if.

The CFL; CCFL and LED manufacturers want to push the idea that incandescents are baned outright but they are not.

Though I have seen users in automation forums. Buying cases of bulbs while they can.

Msradell

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 08:52:45 PM »

Incadescent bulbs are not baned outright; if they can meet the new standards. Could be a big if.
The technology for incandescent bulbs is too antiquated, they will never be able to meet the new standards!  It was a sneaky way of not saying they are banned while in reality banning them.  They are so far from eating the standard nobody is even working on their technology.

Dr.Fiero

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 09:13:49 PM »

Guess it'd be no different than saying that gasoline powered cars aren't banned. 
But they have to get no less than 200mpg.
(etc etc)
 :'

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 10:03:13 PM »

The technology for incandescent bulbs is too antiquated, they will never be able to meet the new standards!  It was a sneaky way of not saying they are banned while in reality banning them.  They are so far from eating the standard nobody is even working on their technology.

Don't bet the farm on that.  Incandescent bulbs are NOT going to go away tomorrow, and the technology can be adapted to meet the "new" standards as they have been for nearly 100 years.  CFLs will probably be banned in a few years since they use mercury and city and county trash/recycling cannot take them, the only recourse is to bury them.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.