Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Macro Running for No Reason  (Read 11721 times)

ckjk616

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro Running for No Reason
« on: September 18, 2010, 08:14:37 PM »

A timer executes a macro which turns on a living room light, delays, then switches a dummy on. The dummy triggers a second macro turning on entry lights. If I'm not home, all lights are on. If I am home, I turn off the living room light, and the second will not execute, relying on a condition that the living room light is on. It has worked for years. Now, the  first executes, turns on the living room, then executes the second, but the first executes again (for no known reason) and seems to shut it all down. I've unplugged the interface and removed the batteries, downloaded a second time, but it doesn't help. Can anyone explain. Thanks, Jeff

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Macro Running for No Reason
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »

What version of AHP are you running?   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

ckjk616

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 10:05:38 PM »

Version 3.236  Thanks

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 10:31:18 PM »

ckjk616,

The most obvious question is, did you change any macros or maybe add a module (in AHP or physical) when this started happening?
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

ckjk616

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 12:31:31 AM »

I can't answer that, so I just wrote two new macros (I deleted everything and started fresh. I also ran these from the PC). A dummy switch starts macro 1 which chimes and turns on two other dummy switches. The second dummy will be used as a condition in the second macro, and the third dummy will execute that macro. There are delays between each, giving me time to turn off the second, conditional dummy switch. The second macro should chime twice if the conditional dummy switch is on. But I don't have to go that far. Letting it run it's course, there's one chime, two switches turn on, the second macro executes, but before any chimes, the first macro executes again. Then everything stops. Turning off the conditional dummy switch doesn't change a thing. Why is the first macro executing a second time? Thanks, Jeff

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 01:45:58 AM »

Are these codes on one of the "Transceived House Codes" in AHP?

I'm just thinking, if you have a TM751 or other RF to PLC tranceiver maybe the signal is going out on RF from the CM15A and being repeated by one of those on the power line, which would cause a repeat trigger.

Also, make sure before you download to the CM15A, you do a "Clear Interface Memory" from the AHP Tools menu.  If you don't, the CM15A may retain "junk" code.

If all else fails, try placing a zero second delay at the beginning of each of the macros (don't ask, no one knows why, but sometimes it helps).

>!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 01:48:55 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

MichaelHlubb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 04:58:55 AM »

A timer executes a macro which turns on a living room light, delays, then switches a dummy on. The dummy triggers a second macro turning on entry lights. If I'm not home, all lights are on. If I am home, I turn off the living room light, and the second will not execute, relying on a condition that the living room light is on. It has worked for years. Now, the  first executes, turns on the living room, then executes the second, but the first executes again (for no known reason) and seems to shut it all down. I've unplugged the interface and removed the batteries, downloaded a second time, but it doesn't help. Can anyone explain. Thanks, Jeff

Since you are using AHP you have access to the history file it creates when it detects X10 signals. so hit F2 to pull that up and check to see where the first macro code is being send from.  Also IF the house code / Unit code for the first light just happens to be A1, then it's very possible for something (doesn't have to be the interface), with a low battery to have reset itself back to that house code/unit code. While your description of the problem is good, more info as in which House/unit codes are being seen would help troubleshoot this problem. 

ckjk616

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 09:12:30 AM »

The history file is attached. D1 switch executes the Stop Chime macro. It switches on A2, the conditional dummy, waits 10 seconds, then the D3 dummy, which executes the 2 Chimes macro, which should chime twice. A2 being on is the condition allowing the second macro to run, so if I turn it off within the 10 seconds, the second macro won't go. I've left it on and the second macro runs, but immediately, the first runs, again. Everything stops. Thanks again, Jeff

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »

1) You might want to try making your "dummy" module an appliance module, instead of a lamp module.
perhaps it isn't registering as "on" properly.

2) Also, make sure you have "A" as your monitored house code. (if set to "auto," AHP will pick the it thinks you want, which is sometimes wrong).

3) Do you have any motion sensors in the room? Some of them have dusk/dawn sensors in them, and the light turning on might be triggering that code, as well.

ckjk616

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 11:42:23 AM »

I replaced the switches with appliance modules. No, no motion sensors involved. This time the macros worked, but at the end of the first, where the third switch sets off the second macro, both macros flash. The second macro had flashed so it started and finished; the chime chimed, but when I went to run it again right away, it wouldn't run at all, as if I had to wait for the first macro (which shouldn't have flashed) to finish. Waiting a few more seconds and trying it again, it all started again. Incidentally, when I used the condition feature, turning off the second switch. The two macros flashed again, but the condition worked and there were no chimes. Why did the two macros flash? Regards, Jeff

ckjk616

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 11:54:50 AM »

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I'll need the wall switch module for the original entry light macros that this all started with. It will be used as a condition, but what if I want to dim the lights later? The appliance module won't do it. Thanks, Jeff

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 12:18:27 PM »

I replaced the switches with appliance modules. No, no motion sensors involved. This time the macros worked, but at the end of the first, where the third switch sets off the second macro, both macros flash. The second macro had flashed so it started and finished; the chime chimed, but when I went to run it again right away, it wouldn't run at all, as if I had to wait for the first macro (which shouldn't have flashed) to finish. Waiting a few more seconds and trying it again, it all started again. Incidentally, when I used the condition feature, turning off the second switch. The two macros flashed again, but the condition worked and there were no chimes. Why did the two macros flash? Regards, Jeff

I may be missing something here, but from my experience, a macro with a condition will still run, but if the condition is not met, it will exit. That may be why you see the second one "flash." It has to start running in order to evaluate the condition.

ckjk616

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 01:11:19 PM »

Good point, but back to my original question. Why is my original set of macros not running correctly. Those entry light just don't turn on. I'm going to rewrite it all and get back to you. Maybe I made a simple mistake. Jeff

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »

another idea that got me a while back:  some of the eagle eye sensors have two codes remember; code+1 goes on at daylite off at nite.... could u have one that u recently moved that sees the change of lite state and is sending the 'phantom' code+1 that maybe you are using to shut down again??

ckjk616

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 12:33:44 AM »

No, no sensors are in use, but you reminded me of a funny story. I had one outside aimed too closely at the entry light (and controlling it) so my neighbors thought I was sending them signals. Motion would set it off, the light would turn on, turning the sensor off. On and off, over and over.

An update. I went to reload the software, but wanted to remove the existing first. The control panel uninstall listed it, but it didn't recognize the software to remove. Could some portion of the software have been missing? I reloaded "over" the old. I'll see what happens tomorrow. A quick test seemed encouraging. We'll see. Thanks, Jeff
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.