Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: New ActivePhone application (formerly PhoneMote)  (Read 144807 times)

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
Re: New ActivePhone application (formerly PhoneMote)
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2010, 09:07:43 PM »

@1EyedJack:
Try and set up a new .ahx file, with only one module (the one that would be close to you for testing), just to see if that works.
Very puzzling problem, I'm just trying to think of all possible combinations to go through.

@wmarkhay
Good to hear!
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

1EyedJack

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2010, 05:32:59 PM »

sorry for the delay...i was out of town...tried setting up a new file, lable showed up fine, but same result.
light flashed and no response from the module.

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2010, 07:51:33 PM »

sorry for the delay...i was out of town...tried setting up a new file, lable showed up fine, but same result.
light flashed and no response from the module.

Sorry for the delay as I've been quite busy lately. Secod suggestion: several (and I mean several) fixes have been made lately with the software. Download an updated copy and tell us how it works out.

kevinwheeler

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2010, 10:35:58 AM »

OK - Help!

I have just recently acquired all of the new mobile apps and am looking forward to using them. I realize they are somewhat "early" and understood that was what I was getting for the "introductory pricing". No complaints there. But here's my problem:

I originally purchased ActivePhone and iWatchMobile. I re-installed all my software (AHP, iWatchout, Smart Macros, and OnAlert plugin), then the ActivePhone and iWatchMobile modules at the 3.285 levels. Everything worked just fine - lights turned on and off, I could see the cameras, etc. This is on an iPhone 4. Then I decided to order iWatchMobile Pro and OnAlertMobile. So I first un-installed everything, downloaded the newest versions of AHP and all the plugins (3.295), and reinstalled them, starting with AHP, then the non-mobile plugins (everything except MyHouse Online), then ActivePhone, iWatchMobile Pro and OnAlert.

AHP from the local computer still works fine. But from the iPhone only the iWatchMobile Pro works - the cameras are labeled correctly and I get video. The ActivePhone Firecracker handset shows up but is totally blank (no labels on any of my house code/device combinations (I have more than 20). The buttons seem to depress and the red light flashes but no actual data is sent on either the RF or powerline interface (F2 from AHP) and no lights actually turn on/off. Also the OnAlert app shows the mini remote but does not arm or disarm the DS7000 console (a macro in AHP to arm the unit does work if I invoke it from the local PC) so I know all the hardware is working.

I cleared the cache, cookies and history in Safari on the iPhone but I still can't get these two apps to work.

What should I do?

Kevin

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »

@kevinwheeler:
Do you have "Use Security over WiFi" checked off for the ActivePhone "Invite A Cellphone" dialog? If so, I think you and I just discovered the same bug.

EDIT: Go for version 3.296 today, it corrects the issue.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:58:37 AM by anthonylavado »

kevinwheeler

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2010, 12:42:49 PM »

Yes - I had it checked. And yes, I just downloaded all the 3.296 versions and it indeed did fix the problem with ActivePhone. Thanks.

Just a side note - after running the update just for ActivePhone and then replying to update all applications OnAlert Mobile did not work correctly - ActivePhone did but OnAlert Mobile did not. When I ran the individual 3.296 update of OnAlert Mobile then that started working correctly and now everything seems to be working.

Kevin

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2010, 01:33:25 PM »

@kevinwheeler
Yep. Sounds about right with the installers. As noted in the iWatchMobile Pro thread, going in from 3.296 forward, any of the installers will update all the files you already have installed.

The only time to run the separate installers is if you're adding a new plugin or doing a re-install.

Anyways, I'm glad it worked.  >!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:29:25 AM by anthonylavado »

Netropy

« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2010, 02:42:05 AM »

How would I edit the PalmPad html file to use a smaller sans serif font for my button labels? 

I'm sure that it's simple and should be obvious but I'm just not a CSS kinda guy.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 02:43:45 AM by Netropy »

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2010, 01:28:41 AM »

How would I edit the PalmPad html file to use a smaller sans serif font for my button labels?

Open up PalmPad.html in a text editor like Notepad. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way through the document until you see:
Code: [Select]
<style type="text/css">It should be at around line 374.

What you'll want to modify is the "body" section.
Normally it's:
body
{
background-color:White;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

While you'd want to make it something like:
body
{
font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
background-color:White;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

The font size is in a section further down, known as ".Label". It's already set to "small", perhaps you'd like to try "x-small" or "xx-small".

A good reference for CSS Font properties? http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:34:00 AM by anthonylavado »

Netropy

« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2010, 03:02:22 PM »

Open up PalmPad.html in a text editor like Notepad. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way through the document until you see...

Excellent.  Looks much cleaner.  I went with the x-small since some of my labels are kind of long. 

Thanks Anthony.  Appreciate the help.

Netropy

« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2010, 03:24:13 PM »

Is there a place for bug reports re ActivePhone?

Lacking that for the moment and in the event that this forum is read by X10 developers...

Reorienting the screen on the iPhone messes ActivePhone all up.  Once it's flipped to landscape and back it doesn't seem that it can be "pinched" to resize until you flip it back to portrait, back to landscape, and back to portrait again.

Also as a nit pick, with longer labels there's some gray background behind the labels that extends into the white space between the label area and the button area.

Last, just as a personal preference, while the house code wheel looks nice and follows the overall PalmPad model, it's really kind of a pain to use.  I'd rather have a text input that pops up when you tap the image of the wheel.  Then you could go back to showing the changed house code letter as it's now done.  That is, same appearance and functionality that it has now, but with a text input when tapped to change rather than trying to hit microscopic areas around the wheel.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:25:58 PM by Netropy »

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »

Is there a place for bug reports re ActivePhone?

Lacking that for the moment and in the event that this forum is read by X10 developers...

Reorienting the screen on the iPhone messes ActivePhone all up.  Once it's flipped to landscape and back it doesn't seem that it can be "pinched" to resize until you flip it back to portrait, back to landscape, and back to portrait again.

Also as a nit pick, with longer labels there's some gray background behind the labels that extends into the white space between the label area and the button area.

Last, just as a personal preference, while the house code wheel looks nice and follows the overall PalmPad model, it's really kind of a pain to use.  I'd rather have a text input that pops up when you tap the image of the wheel.  Then you could go back to showing the changed house code letter as it's now done.  That is, same appearance and functionality that it has now, but with a text input when tapped to change rather than trying to hit microscopic areas around the wheel.
This forum is read by ActivePhone developers.  It is a good place to discuss features, issues using the software, or any bugs you encouter.

We'll look into the iPhone resizing issue.

You can tap the house code wheel and it will advance by one house code per tap.  This is easier to tap then the individual area for each house code.

1EyedJack

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2010, 03:49:36 PM »

Hi all -  thanks for the help and suggestions, but I have given up... lol

I bought Eventghost app for ipad (i already use eventghost for everything else).
Now I can control everything - htpc, tv, receiver, x10 - with the touch of the screen!

kaczman

« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2010, 09:56:44 PM »

Just wanted to thank those that have contributed to this thread, and the sticky, all ready.  With your help I was able to get this up and running, for the most part, over wifi and 3G.  I did experience 2 problems though... 

Problem #1, my Activephone was not loading any of the labels which made using activephone very challenging!  From the sticky thread I saw how to modify the url to see your module names and tried that to see if that would work.  That produce an error on the label of one on my modules...apparently using the "&" is a no no and this caused activephone to be unable to populate my labels.  After I changed the "&" to "and" and reloaded my activephone url again I was able to finally see what my module labels were.

Problem #2, and still unsolved, is I am unable to properly dim or brighten my respected modules.  My lamp modules and my 3 way switches just go from one extreme to the other when pushing (one quick tap) the respected dim/brighten buttons.  There seems no way to stop this.  I tried reloading the activephone software to no avail.  It should be noted that I can properly dim/brighten from AHP.  I was going to keep trouble shooting this but after one my modules went to over 1200% I think I might just let this one go and live without the dim/brighten option from activephone.  This was enough to put a little electrical fire scare in me (don't know how possible that would be in this instance) and this had me madly trying to shut off that module to make sure this didn't happen.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:08:40 PM by kaczman »

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2010, 10:19:07 PM »

I am unable to properly dim or brighten my respected modules.

I'm also seeing this with ActivePhone and was curious if there is some way to get proper dim/bright commands.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.