Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204069 times)

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 08:58:57 AM »

I was really looking forward to the software working. They advertise install in less then 5 mins which is true but they didnt say you had to go through hours and hours of aggravation.
when i installed the iwatchmoble my ahp becomes unregistered. When i reinstall AHP the software registers just fine until i install the iwatchmoble then it becomes unregistered again.
When i connect and try my blackberry storm i get a timeout on my phone.
I hope a solution is found soon. I am very disappointed and will not buy anymore software products until the iwatchmoble works. I am done spending money on x10 products that are not as advertised and i dont have time to play software games.  B:(

Blackberry Storm -3G only

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »

I was really looking forward to the software working........ i dont have time to play software games.  B:(

I am looking forward to the phone app myself. Except my wife won't let me upgrade my phone to Web enabled... until I get a job.. or maybe win the lottery. I am off to buy a lottery ticket now.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 10:53:13 AM »

Are you trying to connect through WiFi or a 3G connection?
If using 3G and your AHP computer is behind a router, you will likely have to setup port forwarding for it to work.

mcguyver

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 11:35:59 AM »

Are you trying to connect through WiFi or a 3G connection?
If using 3G and your AHP computer is behind a router, you will likely have to setup port forwarding for it to work.

My storm does not have wifi so 3g is it. I do have a router in line at home running the AHP. I have no problem using pcanywhere or logmein to access my computer from work.  This is the first i have heard about port forwarding. How is that done?
Thanks

J.B.

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 12:03:28 PM »

Normally you would login to the router with its IP address. This is normally something like 192.168.0.1 (you would have to check your specific routers documentation)
There should be an option within your router to setup port forwarding.
iWatchMobile and ActivePhone use port 8777, so this is the port to forward.
You will need to know both your internal and external IP.
If you have a dynamic IP (changes frequently) I would look at using a free service like DynDNS.com.
This will allow you use a domain name in place of having to remember updated IP addresses. Eg: Always type the same address in this format http://myahpcomputer.com:8777/iwatch instead of a different IP address such as http://0.0.0.0:8777/iwatch. If you know your external WAN (internet) IP, or you have a static IP, chances are you won't need to worry about this.
I'll attach an image that shows a basic idea of what you need to setup for port forwarding.
In the IP box in the port forwarding settings you would type the computers internal LAN IP that is running AHP.
This will direct an outside connection on port 8777 to that specific internal computer.
From your BlackBerry browser you would type http://yourexternalipaddress:8777/iwatch or click the email link you generate in AHP under plug-ins/iWatchMobile/Invite a cell phone.

Hopefully you can make some sense of this.
If you need any more info, just let us know.

As far as I know, x10 does not currently support 3G connection info in their setup instructions for this where it is more involved and has such a wide number of variables because of so many different brands of routers.
The picture I attached is an emulation page of a D-Link router. If you use a different brand router it may be slightly different to setup.
If you are unable to get it working, letting us know the specific make/model of your router may help.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:17:56 PM by J.B. »

mcguyver

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 12:23:36 PM »

Thanks , Yes i can understand what your talking about and will have no problem setting it it.BUT most do not know the cd tray is not for coffee cups and for them to set up port forwarding maybe next to impossible.  rofl   

J.B.

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:21 PM »

For anyone else who may be trying a similar setup.

A good source of info for anyone who is unfamiliar with port forwarding is this website:

http://portforward.com/

J.B.

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »

Just downloaded and installed what appears to be an updated version of AHP, ActivePhone and iWatchMobile.
I see no visible difference with these than the 3.281 version.
Shows version 3.282.
Uninstalled the entire AHP suite and every time I have done so recently, when I reinstall the iWatchOut plug-in and run AHP, I receive "error getting x10nets interface".
I've downloaded iWatchOut several times thinking it may be a corrupt installer with the same error each time.
Once I install OnAlert, this error stops.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 02:18:08 PM »

...i install the iwatchmoble then it becomes unregistered again.
If it's anything like ActivePhone, then you should have a new registration code for Active Home Pro, that enables all these features. I would suggest checking with Support if you didn't get one with the e-mail. What the others have mentioned about checking ports is also true, see my Active Phone thread for similar network troubleshooting. The concept is the same, just a different web service.

If you don't have iWatchMobile installed and registered, nothing will show up when you try to access with your phone, either on WiFi or even after the setup to make it work on 3G. Regular AHP with iWatchOut and *not* iWatchMobile doesn't have the software to talk to your phone.
If reinstalling regular AHP was the last thing you did, then that's why.

Try the software at this link for me: ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/activehomepro/sw45a_iwatchmobile.exe
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »

"error getting x10nets interface".

This is the place to start, including instructions for a clean re-install at the bottom: http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Run_X10NET_Service_as_Administrator

J.B.

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 02:33:22 PM »

Thanks.
This is only happening though, or so it appears, after installing the iWatchOut plug-in.
Once I install OnAlert the error stops.
I normally install AHP and the plug-ins in the order they were released.
I've done multiple clean installs recently and getting a bit tired of having to call customer service and wait on hold to reset my reg code counts on the server.
There's got to be an easier way to get this stuff to work.  B:(
Any way to backup your registration easily before doing a clean install?

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »

Any way to backup your registration easily before doing a clean install?
If there is, I haven't looked for it yet. I've only ever re-installed once, and that was because I messed it up on purpose (the joys of reverse engineering).

J.B.

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »

Right now the client software is sending commands using house code A.  The PTZ ninja base will respond to pan/tilt commands on any house code.  The Vanguard and Sentinel cameras will only respond to PTZ commands issued on their own house codes.  I agree that is too limiting to force all Vanguard/Sentinel cameras to use house code A.  I'll update the software tommorrow to support all house codes and more cameras.

As for iWatchMobile on your Blackberry 8530, I'll see if I can track down an 8530 to test on.

That's very curious that you're seeing a selective error for ActivePhone with iWatchout installed.  It works fine here.  We'll investigate further and try to see how this could happen.

Just curious what updates have been made.
I see 3 updated file versions today but cannot tell what the changes are and there is no updated revision history posted.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 01:59:45 AM »

Just curious what updates have been made.
I see 3 updated file versions today but cannot tell what the changes are and there is no updated revision history posted.
The update you're looking for is still pending.  It's going through testing right now, and it will likely be tommorrow morning before it is visible on X10's software download page. 

All the issues you mentioned have been fixed -- Except I can't confirm the Blackberry fix yet as I'll have access to an 8530 in a day or two...

- House codes are tracked for cameras, so pan/tilt commands will work with Vanguard/Sentinel cameras on all house codes
- Camera scanning is improved, and 16+ cameras are supported
- The web client has been simplified for better compatibility with older cell phone browsers
- Registration issues are fixed

The updated version is iWatchOut v.283

J.B.

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2010, 08:58:55 AM »

Thanks for the update, it sounds good.
Anxious to test it out.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:23:32 AM by J.B. »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.