Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unable to Access AHP Remotely  (Read 13384 times)

rlcohen7

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Unable to Access AHP Remotely
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »

I have AHP and MyHouseOnline. I received an Access ID from X10 for remote access. When I click on the link provided to install the Myhouse plug in it seems to download but then at the end I get a black screen with a tiny box outlined in white at the top.
If I run the X10 Network Tester it reports back that I cannot be connected. I've tried doing this with a variety of ports specified - 80, 8080, etc to no avail. I am using a Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router and my IP is Comcast.

Must AHP be installed on the remote computer to gain access to my system at home? If not, is this symptomatic of a port forwarding problem that I have been reading about and then how do I fix it? Do I get help from X10? Comcast? or Linksys? I am not sure where to start.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Unable to Access AHP Remotely
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 01:15:33 PM »

Maybe there will be some information in this thread.
They seem to have Comcast problems.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=nml69alicfib5knv54k2tgu860&topic=21353.0

cj4

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:05:18 AM »

I have the same problem and i'm going to try another last ditch effort with X-10 support before I give up.  IMO it's X-10 that should help us...they are the ones who sold us this stuff that should work.

cj4

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »

Ricohen7, 

I never did get my port thing settled either but i'm excited that I now have IwatchMobile Pro that works!  I'm also trying to fix it where i can get in with Logmein but that isn't working yet either.

Fromjim

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 06:19:52 PM »

I'm not happy to see this has been going on for a while, not much use losing my time trying, X10 sure know how to advertise but not so good helping, even their help within the AHP program is not relative to the area where you need help, they are simply in alphabeticall order.  Too bad, these toys almost work but really haven't progressed that much in the last fifteen years.   I guess you get what you pay for, well almost.

Jim

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.