Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I need some help with AHP  (Read 19184 times)

geeforce

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
I need some help with AHP
« on: December 09, 2010, 11:11:06 PM »

I have been using the iwatchmobile with no problems. After it had been working so well for me i bought the on alertmobile and now nothing works (connecting to AHP using my cell). this is the situation. i was using the iwatchmobile and it was working fine, but after i installed on alertmobile i get nothing (WiFi or 3G usage). When i bought on alertmobile i installed both onalert & on alertmobile. I didn't really notice that i already had onalert and installed on top of it. I don't think it liked it very much and now i can't connect to it at all. when i try to register onalert. It just says sending registration but nothing happens. I put in a fake code an it did the same not saying if it was wrong or right. i think i need to do a uninstall, but your software doesn't unistall easily. No uninstall packet. how do i do a clean uninstall and reinstall. I kept all of my emailed software and reg. codes for just this occasion. I think if i can start over i could get it right.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: I need some help with AHP
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 01:43:47 PM »

Go to the Control Panel and open the ADD/REMOVE, look for ActiveHome Pro and click on it. Select Remove all to get rid of everything including folders (If you want to keep your .ahx files, back them up before removing.)  Once the removal is done, open Windows Explorer and make sure the ActiveHome Pro folder in Program Files and X10 folder (and any sub-folders) in C:/Program Files/Common Files/X10 are gone, if either are there, delete them.

Then reinstall AHP and any plug-ins you want to use.

Good luck!
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

geeforce

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 08:08:12 PM »

Thanks for your reply Dan. In the past x10 software didn't uninstall that easily. It use to say unable to uninstall no uninstall pack. Has that changed? I'll tell you i have had a scare this week. I found evidence that someone has been snooping around me window. I found a white rag hanging from my shrubs and broken limbs. I have 2 cameras 1 on the front porch another in the bedroom. They were snooping around the side window. I think the rag was to be used to brake the window since all of them are bolted down. I am going to get more cameras to cover around the house. I work at night and need this software working properly. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you again.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 02:20:01 PM »

AHP will uninstall if you do what I posted.  I've done that at least 5 or 6 times as I changed AHP versions.  Doing a full uninstall means any install of AHP is clean and won't do funny things.

ErikP

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »

It use to say unable to uninstall no uninstall pack. Has that changed?

Yes, I fixed that. The uninstaller now is able to find its script and do at least a basic uninstall from the Add/Remove Programs folder.

There is also a pretty good kbase article on reinstalling ActiveHome Pro, fully removing the old install here, http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro_Reinstallation.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 01:26:50 PM »

Erik,

Good link to the wiki for the uninstall of AHP.  I've already saved it and every AHP user should do that.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »

geeforce I feel your pain!
After a bad install of AHP on my XP system I tried everything to get this thing to re install and still got the x10 module can't load message.
After seeing Erics post I thought I'd give it one more go thinking I missed something.
After 3 times and making sure all X10 software even the SDK and third party software was uninstalled I still got the message.
after reboots and trying to start AHP. B:(
I desided to load the SDK Redistributionables  restarted and checked my services x10 nets was up and running. :)%
loaded a couple of third party sdk created programs and I don't get the x10net errors.
Now for the test will AHP now load and open with out the error.
Stand Bye!......... ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 04:32:47 PM »

Well it's a no go B:(
now nothing works!
And I'm back to getting this stupid message!

So Eric you still need to do some work seems the SDK package may have been my issue.
Why did the redistributionals get the X10 nets working when nothing else would?
I should have stopped the first time I got the x10nets to run now I can't even run any thirdparty stuff on this machine! B:(
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:37:17 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

geeforce

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 01:45:18 AM »

thanks you guys for the reply. i haven't performed the unistall yet because of the past problems (don't wont be left unguarded). Xmas is coming up and I'll have more time to experiment with the uninstall, but first i wanted to talk to an on line support to see if they can do some about the registration. In the mean time i have been playing around with portforwarding. I finally got it. i have been using x10 server for a few weeks and then it stopped working (500 error) not sure if it is related to the registration thing. when every i had a good internet connection i would loss the connection everytime. it may be my location when using it. i have a linksys e1000 router. i talked with linksys and got the ports forwarded. i chatted with norton about excluding the software from the firewall. it still didn't work. after all of that i tried the http://www.dyndns.com/ web site and i got a lot of answers. I opened a free account and followed the links for answers to portforwarding. i tried there solution, not really understanding it. It didn't work until i tried their internet tool. it checks if the ports were really opened and it gave me a lot of answers. that's when i realize that the address i was to input into the phone should have been the external ip address of the router with the port 8777/iwatchpro. it didn't work but it gave me a solution. the problem was with the DSL modem. it too has a firewall and in order to do what i was trying to do i would have to do a bridge. very simple don't let the terminology scare you. contact you ISP and they will walk u through it.  http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/why_cant_i_connect_to_my_server.html. i connected with AHP, because of the black screen that i have seen behind the firewall. It took a really long time to load. I think i figured the forward i still need to learn how to us the Danton's server. that may speed things up. also i have seen that it takes some time before the ports closes again before i can retry.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:27:21 AM by geeforce »

ErikP

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 03:47:05 PM »

So Eric you still need to do some work seems the SDK package may have been my issue.

which software and versions did you install before this happened?

The SDK likely worked differently because it installs a version of x10nets that is about 2 years old currently since that was the last time the SDK was updated.  A new SDK installer should be released later today with updated files.

What service pack is your XP install?  With the new SDK release both x10nets and the SDK will be using the latest runtime libraries from Microsoft.  The bad news is these require service pack 2 or later for XP compatibility, so you may need to update your XP system to use the new software.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 07:01:30 PM »

which software and versions did you install before this happened?

The SDK likely worked differently because it installs a version of x10nets that is about 2 years old currently since that was the last time the SDK was updated.  A new SDK installer should be released later today with updated files.

What service pack is your XP install?  With the new SDK release both x10nets and the SDK will be using the latest runtime libraries from Microsoft.  The bad news is these require service pack 2 or later for XP compatibility, so you may need to update your XP system to use the new software.
I believe it was just after 3.271. I have XP SP2
Funny thing If I install the SDK the X10 Nets fail to stay running but if I install the redistributionable it says up and I can get my third party software to send receive X10.
I'll keep a watch out for the new SDK.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.