Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New OnAlertMobile  (Read 57121 times)

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: New OnAlertMobile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 03:28:25 PM »

Mine wasn't from a contest, I paid for it.
They sent only the link and reg code for the standard OnAlert.
I've tried that reg code and what should be my reg code for OnAlertMobile, but neither work.
I called several times with a promise to have a call back.
They did call me, but to try and sell me the iWatchMobile plug-in, which I, of course, already have.
This was within 1/2 an hour of receiving an email trying to sell me the same thing.
It's funny, because I replied to the email asking not to contact me in regards to purchasing something else.
It said they knew I had purchased some of their cameras previously and would I be interested in iWatchMobile.
Well, they knew I bought cameras, they should have checked to see that I had already purchased iWatchMobile.
Of course, I received no call back in regards to my registration issue and the fact they never applied the $5 Facebook fan discount to 3 items I ordered during the time I had been on the Facebook page.  B:( >*<

I hate that I feel the need to complain, but I wonder why people get frustrated when this is how things are handled a lot of the time.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »

I feel your pain.  I really do.  I'm just surprised that they took my post off of Facebook real quick.  I didn't use profanity  I just stated facts.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 11:40:04 PM »

I feel your pain.  I really do.  I'm just surprised that they took my post off of Facebook real quick.  I didn't use profanity  I just stated facts.

Clearly we (X10) have some customer service issues to work on.  You'll be receiving email links tomorrow, and IT is going to go back through the order list and figure out who else didn't get a registration link and email them...

J.B.

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 11:56:18 PM »

Clearly we (X10) have some customer service issues to work on.  You'll be receiving email links tomorrow, and IT is going to go back through the order list and figure out who else didn't get a registration link and email them...

Thank you.

I don't feel all of my experiences with x10 support have been negative, but there does seem to be some miscommunication and lack of knowledge with some customer service reps.
I appreciate that you have been letting us provide feedback and pass along any issues we've come across with the new software, both positive and negative.
Also, listening to suggestions on adding features to the software and putting up with all the rambling from us users.
I also appreciate the quick response to our questions.  #:)
Other x10 employees could definitely learn a thing or two here.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 09:14:27 AM »

I also have not (yet) received any activation emails, but the nice folks on the phone helped me very well.  And a real heartfelt thank-you to you for posting here.  It's great to see you'all are listening & responding! >!
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

chiefctn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 03:12:57 PM »

I just purchased last night, but had to call X10 support today to register. Works fine now. Only problem is that my iphone often does  not get video signal. It's still early in the process.

rssii_x10

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 08:42:53 PM »

i recently got the On-Alert plug-in and cannot receive the email invite on my blackberry 8520. it will show up on my PC with email. i have tried 4 different email accounts from hotmail to gmail accounts on the phone with no luck but i can send and receive any other email in a flash. i even tried forwarding the invite email and the link does not work then. any suggestions? ???

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 01:48:16 AM »

i recently got the On-Alert plug-in and cannot receive the email invite on my blackberry 8520.
You'll want to check your Junk Mail folder on the phone. X10 mail has a tendency to get sorted into that. As far as accessing the plug in from your phone, make sure it's connected to your WiFi, and you can enter the same address that you see in the "Invite A Cell Phone" window into your BlackBerry's web browser.

Also:
Create a bookmark in your Blackberry's browser for the internal (http://192.168.2.x/:8777/ahp) address of the site (full URL). Then change the "Browser" option in the properties of the Bookmark to "Hotspot Browser."
This forces the BB to use Wifi, AND to route the DNS through the WiFi connection, too.

In your case, "/ahp" gets replaced with "/onalert".
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

rssii_x10

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 09:14:16 PM »

thanks anthonylavado for the suggestion...i tried what you suggested and i have no messages in any of the spam folders.

i did go in and create a bookmark and the interface comes up but AHP is not responding. I can click on any option and see activity on my phone, router and the network connection on the AHP PC but still no response in the AHP software. The same thing happens when I try it on a desktop PC.

Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:27:20 PM by rssii_x10 »

auTONYmous

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 09:34:11 PM »

Ok, so to anyone who has downloaded, installed, and received a reg for their OnAlertMobile plugin, can you clearly answer one burning question:

Does this allow one to now assign a DISARM function (for say, a DS7000) through AHP and macros?

2nd question (To an X10 dev/employee): Why not just add that to the standard OnAlert module and push out an update? Was it really that hard??? I mean, to be fair, we've been clamoring for this function for quite some time now, and here we're being "forced" to buy yet another plugin for a "feature". Seems a little disingenuous to me.

I'll pay for (and gladly use) the mobile features too, so having a new plugin isn't all bad. I just noticed it seemed a bit contrived that this feature landed with a new plugin and not the old one. Am I alone in this sentiment?    >*<

X10 Dev

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 11:56:08 PM »

Ok, so to anyone who has downloaded, installed, and received a reg for their OnAlertMobile plugin, can you clearly answer one burning question:
Does this allow one to now assign a DISARM function (for say, a DS7000) through AHP and macros?

Yes.

2nd question (To an X10 dev/employee): Why not just add that to the standard OnAlert module and push out an update? Was it really that hard??? I mean, to be fair, we've been clamoring for this function for quite some time now, and here we're being "forced" to buy yet another plugin for a "feature". Seems a little disingenuous to me.

I'll pay for (and gladly use) the mobile features too, so having a new plugin isn't all bad. I just noticed it seemed a bit contrived that this feature landed with a new plugin and not the old one. Am I alone in this sentiment?    >*<

To be fair, we added the feature to the standard OnAlert module.  All new software after revision 286 has this feature.  We'll be doing a blanket update tommorrow to 293, so you'll be able to download a new OnAlert that has the Disarm feature.  Of course, we would prefer if you wanted the new mobile features to purchase and use the new plugin too, but that's your call -- We're glad to have you as a customer either way.

BaBaLou.

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 06:06:18 AM »

AHP Dev, Please may we ask.

To be fair, we added the feature to the standard OnAlert module.  All new software after revision 286 has this feature.  We'll be doing a blanket update tommorrow to 293, so you'll be able to download a new OnAlert that has the Disarm feature.  Of course, we would prefer if you wanted the new mobile features to purchase and use the new plugin too, but that's your call -- We're glad to have you as a customer either way.

Does this mean that the problem reported with A00TV and UnknownM on the Activity monitor with 3.286, has been taken care of with 3.293 ??? same problem X10 had about 5 years ago and was taken care off with an update.

I hope so. :'
I love this stuff too much to look the other way.

BaBaLou.

J.B.

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 07:13:59 AM »

Just curious if there are still plans to add control for multiple security consoles.
I have 2 DS7000 consoles, one used for an out building and one for the house.
It would be great to have separate control of these, as I like to leave the shop system armed at times I don't have the other system armed.
I'm sure there are others who use more than one console, too.

X10 Dev

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 08:34:24 AM »

AHP Dev, Please may we ask.

Does this mean that the problem reported with A00TV and UnknownM on the Activity monitor with 3.286, has been taken care of with 3.293 ??? same problem X10 had about 5 years ago and was taken care off with an update.
I hope so. :'
I love this stuff too much to look the other way.

BaBaLou.

Sorry, not fixed yet.  We're pretty much at full capacity right now rolling out the mobile plugins and addressing those bugs.  I will try and see if I can get some resources focused on some more fixes but it might take a little while...

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 01:54:06 PM »

This is a mobile app...correct?

Can I use this on my Android phone to arm/disarm the system when I am travelling, or do I have to be logged on to my my home's internal WiFi network. 

If the later: what does this do that the several security remotes I already have won't do?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.