Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS10A and CM15a  (Read 6746 times)

vantech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS10A and CM15a
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »

Hi All,

Does anybody know if a ds10a will interact with the cm15a or do you need to buy the console.  I have autom8 software on my phone and it says that if you have a ds10a on your front door it will message you through the autom8 software, not sure how this works and what is needed to do this other than a ds10a and autom8 software

Thank in advance,
Jeff

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: DS10A and CM15a
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:55:05 AM »

.............not sure how this works and what is needed to do this other than a ds10a and autom8 software

I've never even heard of the autom8 software.... I use AHP with the OnAlert plug-in software. OnAlert allows my CM15A to communicate with security devices like the DS10A. The AHP can then do things like send text messages or email.

There is actually an entire suite of software that works with the CM15A. Currently it might be cheaper to find a deal at X10 and get a new [spare?] CM15A and software suite... than just buying the OnAlert software
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:14:25 AM »

Hi All,

Does anybody know if a ds10a will interact with the cm15a or do you need to buy the console.  I have autom8 software on my phone and it says that if you have a ds10a on your front door it will message you through the autom8 software, not sure how this works and what is needed to do this other than a ds10a and autom8 software

Thank in advance,
Jeff
Yes
The Cm15 is capable of seeing a ds10a signal without the console.
However I'm not sure how autom8 works. You may need the On alert pluggin that Dave mentioned.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »

autom8 software is for the android phone, it works with the CM15A and AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

vantech

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 01:56:20 PM »

ok great thanks, i will order a ds10a and try it and post back here and let ya all know what happens... #:) >!

vantech

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »

well i got everything and hooked it all up and WOW it works like a charm, unfortunately there is a lot of cats in our neighborhood and they are constantly setting off the ms14a. But other then that it all works great and the autom8 software is GREAT

schmidja@gmail.com

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 09:16:46 PM »

I don't believe that a CM15a can do anything with a DS10 other than the Install verification.  No way to control lights, appliances, etc.  If you use the OnAlert plugin then you HAVE TO HAVE THE CM15a plugged into a PC in order to use.  If someone differs with this opinion, please contact me at john.schmidt@ameritech.net and/or post here.  I would be very happy if my DS10's could do something useful with the CM15, but it doesn't seem possible. Thanks all.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 11:05:40 PM »

.... If you use the OnAlert plugin then you HAVE TO HAVE THE CM15a plugged into a PC in order to use. 

That is true... you must use a PC along with the CM15A to use the security (DS10A) stuff. But that isn't a bad thing! Sure its nice to be able to remotely control control some lights and such. And being able to use timers and some macros ran in the CM15A interface is cool too. But running a Home Automation Computer... and being able to harness the computers processor to control you home... is awesome. Check out my Web Site (and videos).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

vantech

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 08:48:24 AM »

Thats not true, i use a ds10a to turn on a closet light when the door is opened and then shut it off when the door is closed. I also get an alert on my phone with Autom8 software on my android, when that same door is opened or closed and with the autom8 software i can reset the ds10a. If i get an alert then i log into my cameras on my phone to see what is going on.   >!

Jeff Van Tassel

cmc

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 10:03:46 PM »

Couple questions about Autom8
I seem to be able to control items remotely from my Android phone, but only 1x.
For example, I turn on a basement light and the status in the android app updates for a long time and returns to 'off'
The server applicaiton also still shows 'off'
But the light is on and ActiveHome shows the light is on.
If I shut down the server and re-open it, it says 'on'.
Anyone else run into this?

Also, how do you know what 'address' to use with the security sensors?  I thought they didn't have house and unit codes?!

Thanks a ton.

cmc

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »

(bump mostly)
I re-read the FAQ at the autom8 site and it is clear that you need to 'translate' from the security modules to a PLC device.
I can handle that.
I still can't get a simple lamp to work, though.
I can turn something on/off, but the updated status never gets back to the autom8 server or android client.
I am using the latest AHP/SDK as of today (complete re-install).

Is anyone having any luck with autom8?  If so, what version of AHP/SDK are you using?

Thanks!

fjc21

autom8
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 10:28:52 AM »

Need help with the client settings/; Name, IP,Port, which password? :-\

vantech

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 01:02:57 PM »

I used "home" as my my connection name .. the port is fixwd as 7901 and your password is whatever you want just make sure to enter it in the server side and the device side.  IP is your computer ip address and you need to make sure you open port 7901 in your router ...go to dos prompt and type netstat /a and that will show you the ports that are listening on that machine ..you will also need to go to the dos prompt and type "ipconfig /all" to see your ip address.  Hope this helps

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.