Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dash™ Personal Internet Viewer  (Read 6669 times)

vantech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Dash™ Personal Internet Viewer
« on: October 20, 2010, 10:31:44 PM »

Has anybody tried using one of these Sony Dash™ Personal Internet Viewer units to use AHP on, not sure if it has a usb port or not

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Dash™ Personal Internet Viewer
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 07:27:37 AM »

The Dash™ Personal Internet Viewer is for the Internet, it does not support X10.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

vantech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:41:03 AM »

Has anybody tried modifying one of these Sony Dash™ Personal Internet Viewer units to use AHP,  it has a usb port and supports 1000's of apps

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:46:24 AM »

You probably can't install AHP on it, but you may be able to use the newer remote-access plugins or one of the other third-party utilities (like X10 Commander, for example) to view and control it over the web. Or, perhaps you can use something like LogMeIn to remotely access the PC running AHP.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 09:55:19 AM »

Something like logmein... or some other [free] server like software loaded on the AHP/Home Automation computer might be the solution. Looks like Sony's Dash device is getting cheaper. This could be a handy device. If nothing else... if a single camera view is needed... it might be something that could be handled via a cheap IP camera. Just a thought.

But it does appear... at least to me.. that the future of remote control and monitoring will be the phone. Maybe a Leela (Futurama) type arm device... to keep us connected.... like this. My phone is practically strapped to me now.

Of course... this was foretold many years ago as some saw the "merging" of technology with people as one possible (and scary) future. The StarTrek concept of the Borg represents the idea of a man-machine integration. Resistance.. truly.. is futile! Which reminds me... my Kate16 Computer Voice really does sound like Seven of Nine. And she does a fine job of listening to me and controlling my home as well as alerting me when needed... using AHP and Bill's Voice Commander.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:23:36 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.