Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DS7000 not waiting for dial tone  (Read 13845 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: DS7000 not waiting for dial tone
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 10:17:58 PM »

In trying to recode my Socket Rockets, I have a problem with my Socket Rockets not turning off as in when I screw in the light bulb t oreprogram it the light bulb turns on as though the Socket Rocket is stuck in the on position.

Sounds like the SocketRocket has passed on to dead deviceland.... how many are acting that way?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 06:11:50 AM »

If the Socket Rocket turns on as soon as the power is applied. It is blown out, as it should be off until commanded to turn on. No reprogramming will correct a blown out Socket Rocket.

Did this happen maybe when a light bulb burned out?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 10:07:27 AM »

In trying to recode my Socket Rockets, I have a problem with my Socket Rockets not turning off as in when I screw in the light bulb t oreprogram it the light bulb turns on as though the Socket Rocket is stuck in the on position.
That is a typical failure mode. Put a 60-100W bulb in the socket rocket and screw it into a light socket. If it immediately comes on, it is bad. Realistically there is no fix.

(Sorry, Dave and Brian. I did not realize you had answered already...one of those second page oversights)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:59:37 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 01:21:19 PM »

That is a typical failure mode. Put a 60-100W bulb in the socket rocket and screw it into a light socket. If it immediately comes on, it is bad. Realistically there is no fix.

Correct!!!  I've had 3 socket rockets die on me over the years.  Right in the trash can they went, then to the X10 Spare Box, get a new one out and program it.  I always keep 3 socket rockets on hand.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Rider1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 02:29:20 PM »

Too bad for the Socket Rockets. New question....does the CM15A send signals via RF or through the power line when using a timer or macro?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 03:07:27 PM »

Through the power line.   That's why you plug the CM15A into an outlet (preferably one that the PC isn't on).
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 03:17:50 PM »

Too bad for the Socket Rockets. New question....does the CM15A send signals via RF or through the power line when using a timer or macro?
Dan forgot to mention that you can force the CM15A to transmit a RF command. I think the command is in a drop down menu and I assume if you identify a X10 module as a TM751 it would have to send an ON or OFF command via RF. I don't use AHP anymore, so shouldn't be sticking my nose in here, but if you need RF transmissions the CM15A can do it.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Rider1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »

The reason I asked is becouse the remotes work fine form the same room the CM15A is in but the CM15A does not in certian rooms. I read the mod for adding a TM751 antenna to the CM15A but if the transmission is via wiring that would not help.  I will search to see about the forced RF signal. Though the module is a dimmable decorative light switch that I am beginning to disilike after I purchased 12 of them. Thank you for the help.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.