Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Oddball happening in AHP 3.293  (Read 5947 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Oddball happening in AHP 3.293
« on: October 26, 2010, 08:27:13 PM »

I have 2 Soft-Start Lamp Modules and decided to use one on a single lamp which has no problems with a standard Lamp Module.  When I replaced the standard module with a Soft-Start one and used the LM14A to control it I created a new .ahx file to handle it.  When I uploaded it to the CM15A, AHP would not properly show the module status.   I cleared the interface, then closed AHP, put the standard Module back in use and reopened AHP with the standard file uploaded and everything worked properly.

Is this a tiny bug in 3.293?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Oddball happening in AHP 3.293
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 08:49:54 PM »

It may not be a bug, but rather, a fix.  It could be that the CM15 is waiting for a status report from the LM14A, but as you're using a standard, one-way unit, the report never comes.

My keypad links have a setting that does that.  I accidentally programed my KPL for a 2-way device whilst using a standard module.  The result is that the KPL will flash as waiting for a status report, and show that the unit is off, as no report is received.

Just a thought.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 09:11:33 PM »

It may not be a bug, but rather, a fix.  It could be that the CM15 is waiting for a status report from the LM14A, but as you're using a standard, one-way unit, the report never comes.

My keypad links have a setting that does that.  I accidentally programed my KPL for a 2-way device whilst using a standard module.  The result is that the KPL will flash as waiting for a status report, and show that the unit is off, as no report is received.

Just a thought.

I was using a Soft-Start LM465 installed in AHP as an LM14A Two-Way Module.   After the problem arose with AHP not showing proper status I went back to the Standard LM465 I'd been using and the Fall.ahx file for this time of year.  No status problems.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »

perplexing indeed.  Can you duplicate the results?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 02:02:02 PM »

Maybe later.  I only have 2 SS, but dozens of standard ones, so using SS is kind of back rear burner for me right now.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.