Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Will the "Planet cam" package work in Australia?  (Read 7400 times)

Chargin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Will the "Planet cam" package work in Australia?
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:35:09 PM »

From what I can see the only part that needs to plug into the wall and use our 240v mains AC power would be the plugpack for the camera and the wireless receiver?
Is that correct? If so can I use my own 9v or whatever plugpack?
Or does that mean that I then wont be able to use the pan and tilt function?
Maybe theres a wide angle version then I wouldnt need the pan/tilt one.

http://www.x10.com/promotions/xx16a_ed_planet_sd_promo.html

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Will the "Planet cam" package work in Australia?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 06:48:24 AM »

The two AC powered parts are the ones you mentioned and technically could be replaced with a local powered one. The pan and tilt base powers the camera and has a constant and a switched voltage. The constant keeps the cameras electronics on for a quicker showing picture when selected. The switched one turns on the cameras video transmitter and pan and tilt bases controls. With one camera you could wire both the constant and switched supplies together and it would always be on.

Few points. Only one camera can be on at a time. The original power supplies are turned on and off by power line signals. A replacement supply would not have that capability. If you only have one camera should work as one on all the time is fine.

The pan and tilt is done by RF signals from the remote in the kit and I believe the software can also through the CM19A.

Your countries assigned X10 RF frequency is 433.92MHz for things like remotes. The US versions are 310MHz. Our RF maybe used for a different purpose in your country and could be a problem.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:18:48 AM by Brian H »

Chargin

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:39:31 PM »

Great reply thanks.

So the CM19 wont be able to send rf to my existing x10 gear then, as it transmits at the wrong frequency?

Thats one of the reasons I was thinking of buying this setup, to replace my cm12 because it stops working all the time. A reboot of the attached PC fixes it and I believe its a com port problem.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »

If you have any RF devices on 433.92 it will not. Like it would not transmit to a TM13 or receive a MS13, SS13. To name a few.
The power line signals are the same 120KHz.

Our CM11A with Active Home software was fussy with some Com ports and XP. Common problem was disconnection from the port.
Running it in compatibility mode sometimes helped.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:50:13 PM by Brian H »

Chargin

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 03:12:54 AM »

Thanks again Brian, I think Ill just get a cm15 or whatever the local variant of that is.

Im running windows 7 with a usb - com port adaptor thing. It just stops working every day or so.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 06:04:19 AM »

I believe it is called a CM15Pro and may come in a few different configurations. Each having the proper power plug to match the ones you have.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.