Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Another member of the "Rundll32 has stopped" club!!!  (Read 29699 times)

erniejt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Another member of the "Rundll32 has stopped" club!!!
« on: November 05, 2010, 02:17:17 AM »

Well gang, here's another entry in the "Rundll32" club!
Like so many before me, everything was working fine when I set up for the first time last week and tested the system. Of course, all the components were in the same room. Yesterday I tried a more realistic test by spreading things out around the house a bit. The "remote" part (laptop) worked fine, but the PC part refused to even let Vanguard start. (Kept getting that Rundll32 error message)
The only thing differant from last week (other than the components being moved around) is that I added the "IWatchout" plug-in to my AHP which runs on my PC.
Does any of this sound familiar? And once and for all, does anyone have a solution? I've tried the compatablity stuff I saw posted here.... no good.  Any other ideas?
BTW, I'm running under Windows 7.
Thanks
 >*< B:(

Dragnet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Another member of the "Rundll32 has stopped" club!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 06:43:09 PM »

I just added the AHP to my Windows 7 equipped Dell desktop on the advice of other on here, in order to install updated drivers for the VA12A...
Well it worked till I went to install a second camera & I got the .Rundll32 message & now it keeps shutting it down B:(.......geeez
I'm pretty sure my rant is not helpful, but your not alone.....you feel me? Lol!
Btw, do you know what Rundll32 means?

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 08:49:42 AM »

I think of rundll32 as a windows internal subroutine that exe programs can call to do stuff.  lots of programs use it, it is very common.  maybe all exe programs use it as it is an integral part of windows for many versions now.  you have a firewall program as I recall from perv posts;  you porbably have seen it ask permission for rundll32 to run a routine for other programs in the past....

You gave yet another clue to what is going on in my opinion:  u installed ahp on another machine with win7 and it too ran with one camera then crashes when you plugged in 2nd camera......  AND you say you get video recording in the directory each time it crashes.  both appear to be great clues that I think are narrowing your problem down and bringing it to the same problem others have been having....

standing back and looking at the whole picture, I see a trend where vanga software tends to crash when a video recording stops

Add ur 2 clues together and it seems that the same thing is happening to you - when you add 2nd camera, it causes the same fault as the video changes radically from camera 1 to camera 2.  seems to appear to vanga as same as video recording stopping somehow.  back again to va12a driver response....

on ur laptop, did u have the NEW vang program or old ver 1.1 too?  If old vang 1.1 then that laptop test just confirmed the problem u have on the other computer.....  hopefullly u had uninstallede vang 1.1 on laptop before installing new ahp then installed new vanga.....  which way was it on laptop?

and did you get to uninstall both and just do clean install of new vanga on ur other machine yet?  what happened?

burns8839

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »

I hope this may help Some of you.  I installed Vangaurd and immediatly recieved the Rundll32 crash.  I Am running Windows 7 and IE8.  I upgraded to IE9 and everything seems to be working fine.   

I can assume that this is an IE problem?...

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »

I installed vanguard this morning and got same error when I tried to connect it to the internet. After a restart it was fine although I have no video displayed. I am using a 3rd party USB converter(from Kingworld) that worked with AHP. I ordered the X10 version VA12a this morning and will give that a try.

lodtrack

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 08:03:40 AM »

I got the X10 USB video converter yesterday. The software appeared to work but when you make a configuration change( ex. pre event recording time) the apply button triggers the rundll32 error....try several times and finally the config change takes place. Once configured the way I wanted it, most of the software aspects work except auto sending emails on motion detection and server connection via the internet.( these two aspects are the raison d'etre for this type of software )  I will give up on Windows 7 64 bit and give old XP Pro SP3 a try. Good thing I am now retired and have lots of time to assure myself that perhaps the software is buggy and it's not me going senile.... 8)

lodtrack

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 08:07:22 AM »

Update:
Finally all aspects are working although I am not changing config so no rundll32 errors are coming up.
The email issue was mine, Gmail saw them as junkmail and they were all there.
The internet viewer issue could have been x10 server related and finally was able to get it to work.
I did all this on the windows 7 64 bit machine. It intstalled on the XP SP3 machine with no problems.
The only other odd thing is while repositioning a camera, I went from room light to directly into the sun and the image went white,
it stayed that way even cycling the power to camera made no difference. The image eventually corrected after some time.

havesome4u

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 04:52:53 AM »

Hello,
 I am having problems with a few issues I can't seem to get corrected. I've tried different solution suggestions & have not had any luck at fixing any of the issues listed below.  Do you use the browser and main vangaurd apps. at the same time? As I haven't been able to add or setup browser page at all. When I click on a camera to add in the browser it has always popped up a page about connecting to vangaurd, even if it shows I'm online. Beats me!
Is there anyone who could possibly give me a hand with any or all of these problems listed below?
                                                   Thank You for your time! > havesome4u

#1. I get the rundll32 error when stopping record & crashes the whole app.
 #2.The browser page has never worked,
 #3.The connection wont stay connected very long.
 #4.And beings the recording causes an error U can’t record anything  to store online or off. So that makes the pc part of the app obsolete. Which I’m sure is the main reason most people bought it for in the first place.
 #5. The VA12A Digital Video Converter gets a USB error saying unknown device and no drivers are installed for this device. I've reinstalled and tried different USB hubs and I still get same result each time.

lodtrack

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 07:13:01 AM »

Havesome:
I suspect all the errors you are getting revolve around the Va12a not installing properly. All the symptoms you are describing happened to me when I tried to use a 3rd party USB device. Although it had partial functionality in AHP, it caused the issues described in Vanguard. When I got the Va12a later , I installed it by going to device manager and deleted the old USB converter. I installed the new device by manually adding it and directing it to the driver in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA12A Video Capture\win7x64. There are several OS versions there to choose from. All worked ok after that. You've been at it a while, hope this helps.

fordpct

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 09:22:13 AM »

Hello, here's another entry in the "Rundll32" club!, Installed in Laptop DellXP, lasted 1 week , then Rundll32 has stopped error appeared!
After completely cleaning and reinstalling several times was unable to make program work.
Installed in Toshiba win7, with 4 cameras, worked basically ok for 1 week! Started program this morning
and program will not work, error--Rundll32 has stopped working!
any suggestions!
Am prepared to send computer to X10- to have them install program so it works properly!

thomas518

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 02:17:48 AM »

Add my name to your forum.  I have two x10 cameras. one receiver goes to a regular tv, the other one goes to the computer video capture. I did a virus scan on the rundll32 with no problems. I also ran an ad aware scan again with no problems. I tried running it after disabling my virus scan and ad aware program and I still get the rundll32.exe error. I am running windows vista business addition. also maybe you can help me - the camera that is hitched to the tv has this white line that flips from top down and a vertical bar that sweeps across the screen. I've tried all positions on the receiver.  I'm at a loss what to do.

harrydr

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »

Next member. As u can see x10 not even since 2010 solving that problem. Don't buy anything from x10.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »

Next member. As u can see x10 not even since 2010 solving that problem. Don't buy anything from x10.
X10 released a new version of the Vanguard software, version 3.316, just a few days ago (June 27th, 2011).
Have you tried that version, to see if it works any differently for you than previous versions?
Have you called X10's tech support to ask for assistance?

havesome4u

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 01:01:36 PM »

>*< Well I've been 5 months & well over 100 hrs. trying solutions/installing/uninstalling/reinstalling/waiting on hold for 30 to 60 minutes numerous times to see if their support team could ever give me the CORRECT solution. >*<.
I keep being told to just use AHP & various apps that you  have to buy & register(at $50.00) a pop.
(Like> Iwatchout/MyHouse online/etc.) That may be a solution to get a somewhat similar effect of (A WORKING Vangaurd Control center) [/u]
However the fact I'm being told to only use my AHP app. & not even use the Vangaurd App. to get basicly the same type effects Vangaurd is supposed to have is 1 solution.
But the fact I have a pricey Vangaurd software I guess I purchased to be instructed not to use it at all, seems they easily say this and avoid the fact you have paid them for an app. that is worthless and not offer any justification for the $$$ you spent on an app your told not to even use now. BIZZARE HUH?

fishburp

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 04:29:07 PM »

fyi - I was receiving the dll error without motion detectors. Now that I have motion detectors I still receive the message and shutdown with the same consistency.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.