Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: question about using this with my security system  (Read 14385 times)

george536

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
question about using this with my security system
« on: November 05, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »

HELLO!!! new here have a question since i cant search for this since its still fairly new (on alert mobile)

I have read and purchased my ds7000/ps561 setup   

I want to be able to arm and disarm it from my Blackberry bold 9700, and for that i believe i need this:

1 (cm15a)
1 ActiveHome Professional Software (SW31A)
1 ActiveHome Pro - OnAlert Home Security Solution (SW39A)
1 OnAlert Mobile Software (SW46A)   

correct? and i see i will need active home pro which im not doing much automation now, but will be good for future add ons.

Also i see the cm15a will have its own power, does this mean if my pc is off i can still arm and disarm via my phone? again i just want this to be able to do it from my phone, i dont want to carry around the keychain remote.

any help appreciated

ErikP

Re: question about using this with my security system
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 11:07:31 PM »

You can also use the CM19 hardware instead of the CM15 to control secure RF modules.  Otherwise, your list looks complete.

Your computer must be running and connected to the network to use the OnAlert Mobile software as the PC software contains the web host which your phone ultimately connects to.

george536

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 11:19:46 PM »

ok answered my question thankyou!

i will wait until i have just a designated PC to start the whole automation, which i will further read into when i cross it.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »

... i will wait until i have just a designated PC to start the whole automation,

Those Home Automation PC's can be pretty easy to find. I run one heck of a Home Automation setup and I do it all with an old P3 computer that I rescued from the trash. It didn't have much RAM when found it so I went to computer a guy I remembered seeing at a local flea market. He sold me some used RAM cheap.

You might be surprised how many working PC's are set to the curb on trash day (particularly right after Christmas) or gather dust in closets. Just asking around might turn up a Computer plenty suitable enough for Home Automation.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 06:57:15 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 12:06:58 PM »

I have few PC sitting around. If some one wants to pay shipping they are welcome to have one.
IPS

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 07:14:45 PM »

I was useing my very old pc unitll it died on me.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »

Hey ISP

If you still have those pc sitting around I would be very interested in one.  I am currently running my AHP on my main computer and would like to dedicate one to AHP alone

If you do please Email me kmj@shawanonet.net

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.