Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: satellite receivers  (Read 7394 times)

ukrkoz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
satellite receivers
« on: November 10, 2010, 01:53:59 PM »

how many different brand satellite receivers can i set up on the remote?

also, having this experience with other universal remotes, can the "exit" button be learned from a remote in learning mode? remotes i had before refuse to learn "power" and "exit" buttons from remotes i was trying to set up.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: satellite receivers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 11:26:19 PM »

From looking at it I would say just one there's only one available in the setup menu. Unless you set one up by naming it something else but you would have to know the code in advance, cuz if it thought it was a TV for example it would use a whole different set of codes, think it might work like that what do you guys think give the guy a hand.

Tom j.

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 12:05:33 AM »

@ukrkoz:
You can only have one device per category, so there is only one "Sat" category that you could use.

There is also an "Aux1" category that can hold an extra device. If you used it for a Sat receiver, that only brings you to two total.

As far as learning the "Power" and "Exit/Quit" buttons, yes, it will let you program and learn those too. :)
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

ukrkoz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 11:04:48 AM »

thank you, folks.

well my issue sort of cured itself, as there were some changes, and now i have to hassle only with one tv and one sat receiver.  should be ok.

here's response from a csr:

Hello ****-

Yes, each device you program will be able to use all the regular buttons on the front of the remote like power and exit, and you can program 10 additional codes per device using the side buttons next to the screen. To learn specific codes you will need the original remote on hand to point at the new Nstinct. The list below shows which products are already in the remote; if yours is not listed you will use the learning option.

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/IR_Learning_with_iconRemote

http://www.x10.com/pdfs/kbase_iconr_codes.pdf

Thank you for shopping X10.com!

Regards,
Leeanne R.
x10 Sales Representative

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.