Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OnAlert Mobile won't arm/disarm  (Read 9868 times)

Netropy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
OnAlert Mobile won't arm/disarm
« on: November 12, 2010, 12:39:50 AM »

Not sure where best to place this post, either in OnAlert or OnAlert Mobile.  Feel free to move as you see fit.

- I have the DS7000 set up and working with my remotes and various sensors. 
- I also have AHP, OnAlert and OnAlert Mobile (and ActivePhone) all set up and working. 
- I have the remotes installed in AHP.
- I can arm and disarm the console fine from the remotes. 
- I can control all standard X10 devices properly using AHP and via ActivePhone.

I cannot arm and disarm the system using OnAlert Mobile.  The page loads fine and appears to function fine.  If I bring up the log, then I can see that AHP is receiving the arm/disarm commands from OnAlert Mobile.  But it ain't doin' it.

I've moved the CM15A and console to within feet of one another and still no joy so it doesn't appear to be a problem of distance between the two.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the console and remotes several times both directly and in AHP and no effect.

The strange part is that it did appear to work at one point when I first set it up.  Although I won't swear to it, it seems to have stopped working after I deleted the original set up when I was reorganizing things and moved all of the various security devices into a room of their own named "Security."  I've moved them back and no effect.  As above, I've deleted and re-setup in AHP and re-setup remotes and still no effect.

Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 12:42:09 AM by Netropy »

Netropy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: OnAlert Mobile won't arm/disarm
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 01:44:29 AM »

Nevermind, I got it...

Seems that the console requires that at least one SENSOR (not remote) be installed at the console (not in AHP) in order to arm/disarm. 

If I start from scratch and install only the remotes at the console and in AHP, then it does not work.  I can hit whatever button in OnAlert Mobile and it does generate the code and does show it in the log (and I suspect actually is sent via RF), but there's no effect at the console.  As soon as I install a sensor (e.g., DS10A, MS10, etc.) at the console, then OnAlert Mobile starts to work properly (even without yet adding the sensor in AHP).  Which all makes sense.   

Anyway, not something that anybody is likely to run into other than if they just happen to try it in the process of setting things up.  I had cleared everything at the console and in AHP and was again setting up AHP, OnAlert, and ActivePhone, and the remotes, but had not yet gone back to re-install the sensors.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:55:14 AM by Netropy »

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
Re: OnAlert Mobile won't arm/disarm
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »

Thanks for letting us know! Even though it doesn't seem like it, this is sure to help others at some point.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.