Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nstinct problem?  (Read 34777 times)

wauters

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Nstinct problem?
« on: November 14, 2010, 05:30:43 PM »

) I just received my nstinct remote.  I have gone thru the setup.  All my components worked fine during setup.  I setup a few favorites.  now setup is finished and the only thing I can get it to do is work with the favorites I setup.  I can't power anything or change channels.  I have tried changing modes and still nothing works.  Anyone have any ideas?

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
Re: Nstinct problem?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 08:41:32 PM »

@wauters:

Try running the Setup again and see if the codes you've got are correct.
Even though the first code works, you may want to try the second, or even the third alternative. The other option is to use the "Learn" function with your existing remotes.

Afterwards, the operation is fairly straightforward:
When you press "Home" and then hit "QuickPower", you'll be able to use the buttons at the sides of the screen to turn things on or off.
When you press "Mode", it will allow you to select a device to control, like your TV, DVD Player, Blu-Ray Player, Cable, or Satellite Box.

For Setup, see Page 10 of the Owner's Manual. For Learning, see Page 25. For operation, see Page 22. A copy is available here: ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/IR34A%20OM.pdf

Let us know how it goes!
 :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:44:27 PM by anthonylavado »
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 11:21:05 PM »

I'm thinking you did what I did the first time and you didn't save your selections properly go through one of your components again and MAKE SURE you save them correctly and that what you're trying to control is at the bottom of the Icon display, let us know how it turns out.

Tom j.

wauters

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 11:28:14 PM »

I have done setup 3 times now.  I check under setup-advanced-device codes and saved codes do show up.  The funny thing is that my DVR favorites change channels just fine, but if I enter channel 182 under DVR mode nothing happens.  I see on the bottom of the remote by DVR that some arrows show up like the remote is sending something, but nothing happens.  When I am in setup, I select my device, DVR, then select Dish Network, then press power until it turns off, then the next screen says test your remote.  I can change channels, pause, forward, reverse, power on/off.  Then I continue on and program other devices, then do favorites.  then back to square one, favorites work, but nothing else.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:29:54 PM by wauters »

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 12:02:22 AM »

...DVR, then select Dish Network...
1) What model DVR do you have?
2) What colour are the arrows you see when you press a button? Are they red or green?

3) Does the original DVR remote say "UHF" or "UHF Pro" anywhere on it?

wauters

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 02:12:44 PM »

I appreciate the help here.  I am very tech savvy and know what I am doing.  All the codes I am using are for IR remotes, TV, Dish DVR, and DVD player.  I can't control any one of them after setup, except the Dish DVR favorites that I setup.  Pressing mode to control the TV does absolutly nothing, and neither does the DVD player.  No channel changing, no power, nothing.  While doing the guided setup everyone of the remotes was testing fine, channel changing, power, etc.  Only after setup was complete the only thing working is favorites and they do change the channel on the Dish DVR.

anthonylavado

• anthonylavado.com
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »

@wauters:
May want to talk to Tech Support then. Possibly get the Nstinct swapped out.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »

I got a problem to maybe you guys can give me your thoughts seems like I have to sometimes give multiple presses to get a response I have a Harmony and yes I know it's not a Harmony but you just have to lightly tap a button with the Nstinct it takes more of a deliberate press. Even when the little icon at the bottom of the screen shows a signal has or is being sent it still requires a second press I would really like the unit if not for this also wish the keys didn't creek but I guess at the price it's a good deal that is if it didn't require multiple presses. Thanks!

Tom j.

Odex

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 03:37:40 AM »

My brother and I both bought a remote and for some reason neither of us can get to manage any of our devices? None of the standard codes work nor does the scanning help. I'm not sure if it is because we use 220v equipment being from South Africa or what? This is seriuosly frustrating and making the remotes useless.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 08:04:20 AM »

No US electric device will work on 220 volts, our electricity is 110 volts. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Odex

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 08:10:05 AM »

:) I'm aware of that. We use the same devices (mostly) except it is the 220v version. My concern is that it may have other codes than the 110v equivelant - else why does it not work?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 08:48:45 AM »

Right. Three 'AA' batteries are not unique to the US.  ;D

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 12:49:09 PM »

:) I'm aware of that. We use the same devices (mostly) except it is the 220v version. My concern is that it may have other codes than the 110v equivelant - else why does it not work?
IMHO
It does not make sense that a manfacturer would use one set of IR codes for 120V TV, DVR, DVD, etc and another set of IR codes for thier 220V models. It would create an inventory nightmare. Besides if you look at X10 manfacturer IR code matrix, there is no differentiation for 220V equipment.
Maybe you simply have a bad remote(?).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »

No US electric device will work on 220 volts, our electricity is 110 volts. 
What does that have to do with this thread?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 06:39:57 PM »

FWIW:

Most of the high end audio equipment I own runs both voltages.  There's a selector switch on the back.  (yes, my amps have remote controls)
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.