Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Module "drifts" beyomd dimming point set in software  (Read 2093 times)

vinyardie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Module "drifts" beyomd dimming point set in software
« on: December 07, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »

When I attempt to dim lamp and wall modules from my computer.  The actual setting drifts up or down beyond the point that I set.
HELP!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Module "drifts" beyomd dimming point set in software
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:42:44 PM »

When you raise or lower the brightness through AHP at a module, you never can get it exactly to what the timer sets.  It's really "hit-or-miss". if the lamp dims to 60% and you want 75%, you may hit it exactly or pull it over where you want. It's always been that way all the way back to Active Home, the predecessor of ActiveHome Pro.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

vinyardie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:45:18 PM »

Thanks Dan.  I have been using AH and AHP for years and it has never happened before.  I got a new Phase Coupler/Signal Booster and maybe I am just seeing real-time what was always going on all along!  Thanks again.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 09:54:49 PM »

Thanks Dan.  I have been using AH and AHP for years and it has never happened before.  I got a new Phase Coupler/Signal Booster and maybe I am just seeing real-time what was always going on all along!  Thanks again.

Phase Couplers/signal booster couple the phases so X10 signals can work anywhere in a house, signal boosters increase the X10 signals for long runs that might lower them.  Neither have an affect on AHP.  You might have not noticed it before

The only time I ever manually set brightness is when after a reboot (where X10nets.exe drops out and if you had AHP open before and now certain lights are not showing status so you use the "slider' to approximate the timer's brightness and that's really "hit or miss".   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 08:52:33 AM »

I wonder if the booster might be pushing out duplicate commands from time-to-time. I haven't taken the time to learn
exactly how they communicate but if it's seeing collisions; like the old ethernet, it might be resending commands.
maybe...? Take the coupler booster offline for a bit and see if your troubles go away. Oh, and make sure you don't
have a second one sitting on the line somewhere. I did for a while 'cause I forgot to take him offline after getting
the XTB-IIR. Had a kinds of goofiness going on.
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »

Is it a booster or a coupler repeater?
Some models have been known to send extra commands when a CM15A is part of the mix.

Since you have been using X10 for awhile. The modules in question are old enough to not be Soft Start ones?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:18:26 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.