Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: yamaha receiver and nstinct remote help!  (Read 10646 times)

mmatt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
yamaha receiver and nstinct remote help!
« on: December 09, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »

So i was all excited about my new remote and I cant even get it to work properly with my yamaha 6250???? WTF. i programmed it and the remote will turn off the receiver. but wont turn it back on.  anybody else with this problem? I tried teaching it and still the same thing.
i don't want to jump to conclusions and say this remote sucks but if its not going to work for one of the main reasons I bought it but.....

help please

parkschr

Re: yamaha receiver and nstinct remote help!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 10:22:42 PM »

I am looking at getting this remote and was wondering if you got it to work with your Yamaha receiver.  I have an older receiver HTR-5540.

timge

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 02:25:10 PM »

Mmat - same exact problem with my Yamaha RX-V465! ???

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 11:44:58 PM »

I have a Phillips A/V receiver that doesn't turn on with the power button, but turns on by holding down a "device button" i.e. TV, DVD, Phono, etc. for two seconds.  This is on the original Phillips remote.

I had to teach my Nstinct the device buttons as side-keys and then hold the side-keys down for two seconds, just as on the original remote.

Does the Yamaha's original remote work in a similar fashion, or does it really turn on with a short press of the power button?

Just a thought.
 >!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

timge

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 12:55:49 AM »

I was able to get mine working with my Yamaha receiver.  I followed the normal process and found one of the codes that turned off the receiver and controlled the volume.  I then went to learning mode and selected audio which is already holding the normal process code.  Use the learning process for main keys and follow the Nstinct directions using the power button on the remote and then the power button on the Yamaha remote.  You can then have it learn any number of side and main keys for full functionality.  It is now working really well and I even programmed the passthrough feature so that when it is set on cable the volume on the receiver is controlled :D

leithalweapon

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 11:14:46 AM »

Mine works too. Just use the main power button on the Nstinct to turn off the receiver. Then, program a side key to turn on the receiver. I'm guessing your Yamaha remote has a 'standby' and 'power' buttons. This is why you also need two (stanby,power) on the Nstinct. Really I would blame Yamaha for this. There is really no reason why they couldn't have just used one power button.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.