Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New AHP + Smart Macros user  (Read 4292 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
New AHP + Smart Macros user
« on: December 19, 2010, 08:58:06 PM »

I've been using another software for my home automation for several years.  I just purchased a system including the CM15A, AHP, and Smart Macros to improve the reliability of my setup.  The problem is, I'm more of a programmer than I am a graphical macro type person.  I'm not really sure how to make things work the way I want them.

Here's what I'm trying to do:
Hardware:
  • CM15A controller
  • 1 standard light switch
  • 1+ ActiveEye motion sensor modules

Desired result:
  • Turn lights on at dusk
  • Turn lights off at 11pm
  • Monitor ActiveEye(s) and turn lights on for 15 minutes if they are not currently on (either because it's after 11pm or they were commanded turned off for some reason

So, this leads to 2 question.

1) Can someone provide a link to an example that is at least very similar to what I'm trying to do or provide a step by step?  I can figure things out once I see an example (that's how I usually learn new programming languages), but I haven't found a real guide...yet.

2) Can I code in another language to get the logic as I want and then send X10 commands to the CM15A?

Thanks!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: New AHP + Smart Macros user
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 01:26:34 PM »

I think I've found a guide that gets me most of the way there.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=14775.0

I've also been thinking that I just need to keep track of the motion flag any time it's dark and only use it when it's after 11pm.  The only snag I see is that if I have lights on from dusk to 11pm and there is motion at 10:59, the lights may still turn off at 11 instead of 11:14.  Perhaps that's just another check, but I'm not quite sure how to implement it yet.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.