Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Software for a new system  (Read 10408 times)

garyg

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Software for a new system
« on: December 12, 2010, 04:46:26 PM »

I just received my Lola MK11 kit which came with UR89A & UR86A remotes,VT42A AV sender & VR38A video receiver but no software (DUH?). The downloads page had some stuff but after messing around for 2 days I'm just at a loss as to how to get this stuff running properly. Tech support said they'd send me a link for software but that was Friday and still nothing but VERY long waits on the phone and no Emails from them. Does anyone have any work around to all this? Thanks in advance. Gary

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Software for a new system
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »

There is some Lola information here.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Lola

There is a link to the software but I am not sure if you will need a registration number usually in the email link.
Many times it is your order number with a-1 after it.

garyg

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »

Thanks Brian, I tried my order # with -1 suffix but NOOOO. Lola seems to work ok without it even though it says all functionality isn't there. I'd really like to get my UR86A mouse remote to work like the owners manual describes but I'll have to get the support staff to send me the link I guess.
Gary

garyg

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 08:01:56 PM »

Well I finally contacted X10 support (YUK!) and they referred me to Niveus which is the company that made the remote they sent me but discontinued it's support. I contacted them and got this reply.

The Niveus PC Remote and accompanying software have been discontinued for several years and we are no longer able to offer support on this product.  However, we do have the software and product manual which we can make available to you without any warranty or support.  The software is only compatible with Windows XP and there are no plans to offer support for any other operating systems including Windows Vista or Windows 7.

I tried it and lets just say I understand why they no longer support this crap. I run XP and it still doesn't work.

I'm VERY disappointed with the whole X10 experience. They shouldn't sell customers hardware without software to support it and their customer support will surely be their demise.

I'm sending this puppy back.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.