Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SendPlc, SendRF timing  (Read 5028 times)

macrobob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SendPlc, SendRF timing
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:20:39 PM »

When sending commands out to a CM15A or CM19A using SendPlc or SendRF the CM19A or CM15a's seem to always lag behind. Is there a way to determine that a command has been completed? I am working on a very time critical application and need commands to execute when I send a command. If I can determine that a command is complete or how long it takes to send a command it will help.

Thanks,
Bob

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: SendPlc, SendRF timing
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 03:32:24 PM »

Hey Bob,
Programatically, I don't think there's a way to determine whether the command was received and acted upon.
At least from an MS-DOS perspective. I'm sure there's a way since we know that AHP has a real-time logging
facility. Now you're into the SDK which I have no experience with. So far, most, if not all, ahcmd calls to my
CM15a happen sub-second. I know this because I watch my XTBM to 'see' the outbound command
on the powerline. I have noticed that the more 'junk' I have on my USB bus, the longer it seems to take before
the CM15a gets the command for processing. When I say '...the longer it seems...', I mean I can barely
perceive a longer lag. Sorry but that's about all I can contribute. I'm sure the guys will jump in shortly.
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.