Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Poor Recorded Video Quality with AHP. Need suggestions!  (Read 10764 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Poor Recorded Video Quality with AHP. Need suggestions!
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 10:57:11 PM »

..... Already tried the file sizing selections but every time I come back to this screen no buttons are selected, even after saving under File.

So how much HardDrive space do you have available?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »

Dave, And here.

See where is says 20MB.... maybe you could allocate a little more memory for video.

Thats "Threshold"? I thought that means it will stop recording if disk space gets below this setting. Note the text under that box. I wanted it near 500mb anyway so I changed it.

Frank3d

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »

Frank3D,

Have you tried changing the "compression" settings to "NONE" or "Full Frames"?  The file sizes will be huge, but that will tell you if it's a compression issue.  If that is the problem, you can keep trying different codecs until you find one that gives you acceptable quality.

ITguy 

ITguy, Yes but not extensively. I will try that more tomorrow. Raining here in NE Fl now. Buy the way how would I install more codecs into AHP to try?

Frank3d

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 09:39:46 PM »

..... Already tried the file sizing selections but every time I come back to this screen no buttons are selected, even after saving under File.

So how much HardDrive space do you have available?
Dave,
Do you run any X10 video?
Iv got a 300gb hd with 200gb free & running AHP V3.294 on a Vista machine.
I tried all 5 (6) of the selectable codecs in the drop down menu (dont know why there is 2 Intel IYUV's). None of them are what I call acceptable to be used with Vanguard or Sentinel grade video. Live video and snap shots are 10 times better quality than any of the AHP available codecs for recorded video. The best quality (resolution) codec is Intel IYUV but it is covered with thin vertical lines through the video and are very large files. I have searched and read the forums here on codecs and have not come up with any very good complements for any codec. I also could not find anything on the subject of how to add (install) additional codecs in AHP to try.  I will play more with it tomorrow (Sun.) and let you know of any additional results. Thanks again............

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »

Dave,

Not currently... but I have. And all I had to do was bump up the memory settings to get good video. I don't remember what codec I selected (I recorded in WMV... I remember that).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Frank3d

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 01:17:54 PM »

Dave,

Not currently... but I have. And all I had to do was bump up the memory settings to get good video. I don't remember what codec I selected (I recorded in WMV... I remember that).
I gave up trying to record decent video. I'm not impressed with the AHP provided codecs. Even if I use the best of the worst codecs (Cinepac Codec by Radius) it is very memory intensive with any compression level selected. I am using multiple snapshots now instead. END

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 07:36:21 PM »

$0.02
I might be missing something here, but the pix in Reply # 8 doesn't look that bad for a still from video. X10 cameras are fairly low end surveillance quality. What kind of quality are you expecting?   
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.