Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So confused!  (Read 3847 times)

Drumbum

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
So confused!
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »

Haha almighty hello everybody I'm having some problems maybe you all can help me with. I have a VCR commander unit, a couple outdoor eagle eye motion sensors and a 2 black and white cameras( xc22a) and 2 colored (xc18a).  Now the problem I'm having is I want to set this up in a room with one in each corner. I have got the rec and stop button programed into the commander, and I have hooked up one motion sensor and I know they are talking to each other because when the motion sensor goes off the light on the commander blinks 1 time every half second (like it said it would) now I just can't get it to blink once every second after that because the directions said it would do that when it is recording, and I even look on the VCR box itself and it doesn't have the rec lighty on, now I set the camera up so on the power house it's at the letter A and on the unit it's at 2 because that's what x10 told me to do and it's a camera you plug into the wall and it has a sensor thing on it...now I just can't get the commander and camera to talk... Even tho I would think the commander would start recording regaurdless if there is a camera.

Please help!
 Thanks
-Matt

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: So confused!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:20:01 AM »

If I'm reading you right, you think the camera and commander should talk? The camera is wireless and should transmit to a receiver plugged into your VCR (or switcher if you have 4). The video signal will always be present if the camera (A2) is plugged in and received an A2 on from AHP. The motion detector can trigger both the camera on and the commander to start recording if your VCR codes are right.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 11:24:40 AM »

If you Have all the right stuff, like the receiver lodtrack  mentioned, then the most likely issue is the Motion sensors
If you have the motion sensor set to A1 then your camera should be A1 as the motion sensor sends a off comand to the VCR Commander to the next addres up. which would be A2 . thus your camera wouldn't come on until the VCR commander was off.
Note: You really should stay away from the A house codes for cameras.
 Many X10 Modules and sensors reset to A1 when batteries fail sending an A1 signal and turning all cameras but A1 off.
 >!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:26:31 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 11:32:07 AM »

I thought most motion sensors use the next higher address for Dusk Dawn.
Wouldn't a motion sensor send an A2 On in the dark and a A2 Off in the light?

What are you using to send the power line signals to the cameras power supplies?
A CM15A or CM19A with AHP or a transceiver like a TM751 or RR501?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »

I thought most motion sensors use the next higher address for Dusk Dawn.
Wouldn't a motion sensor send an A2 On in the dark and a A2 Off in the light?
Yep I Stand corrected, good catch Brian!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.