Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UR78A Remote stopped controlling VK59A Amplifier  (Read 11356 times)

jff6791

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
UR78A Remote stopped controlling VK59A Amplifier
« on: December 01, 2010, 11:21:35 PM »

Changed batteries in remote and now doesn't control Amp.  Can however control other devices, TV, X10 etc.  The VR32A receiver still working at fixed volume - just doesn't respond to remote any more.  Tried power cycling to no avail.  Any other steps to troubleshoot?  (Note - am pressing "Audio" followed by 4 which has always worked in past to setup)  Thanks.

jff6791

Re: UR78A Remote stopped controlling VK59A Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »

Is any service information available for this receiver?  Schematic. parts list, etc?  I would like to try replacing the IR detector diode as these often fail in TV applications.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 06:34:02 AM »

You can try the FCC database.
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm
Use the FCC ID on the item,
B4S is the grantee code
The remaining code is the product code.
If anything is found use the Details tab. Some have things like schematics and parts lists.
I doubt you will find the VR32A as it has no RF transmitter in it.
You may find the remote as it does have an RF transmitter in it.

From what I see in the VK59A manual. The VR32A uses the X10 RF 310MHz for controlling it. As it has a 310MHz antenna on it. A clue would be could you control the audio levels in a different room or with the remote not pointing at it.

jff6791

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:12:53 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.  I plugged the UR78A into that search link but came up dry.  You're right - I was on the wrong track - the remote controls the receiver via RF not IR.  Looks like I have a bad remote since it also doesn't work to control any X10 devices via a working transceiver. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.