Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Example of my working Multi. Camera Macro.  (Read 11215 times)

geeforce

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Example of my working Multi. Camera Macro.
« on: January 04, 2011, 03:23:15 PM »

I have AHP version 3.296 and all the plug ins. It's running on a dell laptop with windows XP. I have been running this macro without any problems. I hope it will help others. I have 2 b/w cameras and 2 motion detectors. I have the motion detectors assigned the same address as the cameras. The porch cam and detector Is B1 and the bedroom cam and detector as B2. I started with the off macro first because after trying to do the on first several times in the past it didn't work quite right. It kept running and wouldn't turn off unless i turned it off. I'm not sure why. Maybe the first macro dictates its state NO or NC. I didn't use flags instead i used module status and a phantom switch P1 in a Phantom room i call the control room. Before you start make sure to clear the interface and delete any used macros from the bin.
Bedroom
Bedroom macro off                                Bedroom Macro on
Trigger B2 off                                                 Trigger B2 on
condition: Module status off bedroom cam           Condition: Module status on Bedroom cam
Turn P1 off                                                     Turn P1 on
Else 1
Trigger B2 off
Condition: Module status porch cam on
Turn P1 off
Porch
Porch macro off                                        Porch cam on
Trigger B1 off                                                    Trigger B1 on
Condition: Module status off Porch cam                Condition: Module status on Porch cam
Turn P1 off                                                       Turn P1 on
Else 2
Trigger B1 off
Condition: Module status on Bedroom cam
Turn P1 off
Control Room: Phantom room
Phantom switch P1. A simple on/off switch
Capture off
Trigger P1 off
Stop auto stills
Capture on
Trigger P1 on
Start auto stills
Email images

I'm using auto stills instead of video because I'm concerned with harddrive space. I have more cameras coming. When they do I'll just us the same setup and include the camera addresses in the else macro. Hope this help.

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: Example of my working Multi. Camera Macro.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »

Hey Gee,
Good going. Glad it works for ya.
What kind of motion sensors are you using? I ask only because I'm wondering how you handle the
Dusk/dawn feature of the XXXeye sensors...B1's dusk/dawn code is B2...which is the address of your second sensor.
I suppose you could have disabled that feature.
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

geeforce

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 04:59:15 PM »

Hi Troll334. I'm using the eagle eye motion sensor. Presently I'm not using the dusk/dawn feature. I have my sensors addressed the same as the cameras. I want them to run anytime motion is detected. I just now added another condition to the on macros of my program. I installed my security console with all my remotes as well as my cell. The condition is to only run when the system is armed home or away.

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 08:24:26 AM »

Sweet. Just be aware of that dusk/dawn feature. Though you're not using it, those sensors are...and they will transmit
on Unit Code N+1 when the lighting crosses the dusk/dawn threshold.
I'm surprised that the B2 cam doesn't kick off when sensor B1 detects a light to dark transition.
have fun !
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

geeforce

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 03:37:56 AM »

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind if i have some problems with them i'll change the addresses. Right now if either sensor detects motion it will switch to that camera and the other cuts off and vice versa. You just gave me a thought. I get a lot of false triggerring from the porch cam during the day. I presumed the sensor was picking up the cars going up and down the road. I may change the addresses to see what happens. Thanks for the hint.

newfieblue

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:27:59 PM »

I have the macros set up but no pictures are taken or emailed, Any suggestions?  Is there any set up required for taking pictures from the cameras or email set? I have all the same programs as listed above.

geeforce

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 08:15:44 PM »

Sorry for the very late reply. I just now saw it. It also had happened to me as well in the beginning. The only way i was able to resolve it was to reset the interface module. Power down the computer, unpluged the interface and removed the batteries and unplug it from the usb connection. When i reconnected it i reversed the procedure, but i saved plugging the usb last before opening AHP. Hope it helps.

ricquelle

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:41:49 AM »

Could someone please explain to me the Else 1 and Else 2 functions in this example.  I understand everything else, but why would you want to turn p1 off in the else commands if another camera needs it to be on to capture stills?

Does my question make any sense?

geeforce

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 03:25:08 PM »

sorry for the late reply. The else 1 & 2 are for the phantom switch. When the macros P1 is triggered to record. P1 will stay on if another cam is on. Without the else, P1 will turn off when the 1 min time has run out regardless if another cam is on. I am telling P1 to stay on if any cam is on and turn off if all cams are off.

ricquelle

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 05:27:38 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I understand the thought process, perhaps I am just reading the macro wrong or don't understand how this works.  To me for example Else 1  reads to me in layman's terms that B2 went off, check B1 (porch cam), if it is on,  you are still turning P1 off?

Could you (or anyone) explain further?

Thank you.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.