Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Timers inexplicably stopped  (Read 17500 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Timers inexplicably stopped
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 08:14:30 AM »

Same problem here, just developed this past week. Have been working fine for over 7 years. CM15A, AHP 3.304, many modules and lights. Like I said never had a problem, however way back when this problem developed and I replaced the CM15A and all was fine. Does this interface have a life span? Mine is 4 years old. I've done everything described in the previous posts. Windows 7 64 bit SP1

You realy should have the latest version!  ;)

You can find it here   http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm     
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mr Clean

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »

I installed the latest version, still nothing. Is there somewhere I can get an earlier version to see if that would work?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 10:38:46 AM »

Last few are here.
Check the subdirectory Archives for the older ones.
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/activehomepro/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:40:31 AM by Brian H »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 11:47:17 AM »

I installed the latest version, still nothing. Is there somewhere I can get an earlier version to see if that would work?

Did you get any new electronic items that might be putting interference with X10 signals recently?  Computers are notorious for powerline noise.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

stoney

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 01:47:01 PM »

So are those power strips!! Try not to plug your devices into them!

Mr Clean

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 01:18:24 PM »

OK, this is the way it happened previously and maybe someone has an answer. As my previous posts state, changed a few things around, added a few modules, reprogrammed the interface and nothing.

Changed the software to the latest version, redid the interface, changed the batteries and left it plugged into the computer. This morning, without any input from myself, my light goes off in the office and shortly afterward, the kitchen light goes off. All without any input or help, never touched the interface since yesterday afternoon. What gives, does this thing take a few days off ans then decides to work again. I give up, at a total loss. At least it seem to be working for the moment, will see how the rest of the day goes.

This did happen in the past and figured all was fine and then it stopped working again, can't figure it out.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 01:25:57 PM »

OK, this is the way it happened previously and maybe someone has an answer. As my previous posts state, changed a few things around, added a few modules, reprogrammed the interface and nothing.

Changed the software to the latest version, redid the interface, changed the batteries and left it plugged into the computer. This morning, without any input from myself, my light goes off in the office and shortly afterward, the kitchen light goes off. All without any input or help, never touched the interface since yesterday afternoon. What gives, does this thing take a few days off ans then decides to work again. I give up, at a total loss. At least it seem to be working for the moment, will see how the rest of the day goes.

This did happen in the past and figured all was fine and then it stopped working again, can't figure it out.

Are the lights in the Office and the kitchen on timers?   Can you post both the timers here so we can see what the on and off times are?

Mr Clean

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 07:38:37 AM »

They're on timers in AHP but have since stopped working just installed an older version of AHP and plan to see if that works any better. Initially it is not able to start, don't know why.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 07:55:22 AM »

That's why we want you to post them so we can see if something is wrong.  If they worked properly before, something had to happen.

Mr Clean

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »

OK, here's the timers although none are working. I just replaced the CM15A but that did no good.

Sink   I2   LM14A
T I M E R S
#   Dates   On Time   Dawn Offset   Dusk Offset   Off Time   Dawn Offset   Dusk Offset   Security   Repeat   Enabled   Dim Level   Days
1   01/01 to 12/31   5:55 AM           8:33 AM                   Yes   60%   Daily
2   01/01 to 12/31   10:55 PM           1:33 AM           Yes       Yes   90%   Daily
3   01/01 to 12/31               9:33 AM               Yes   Yes   100%   Daily
4   01/01 to 12/31   7:10 PM           9:26 PM           Yes   Yes   Yes   100%   Daily
5   02/18 to 04/11   6:39 PM           7:59 PM           Yes   Yes   Yes   32%   Daily

Office   H1   LM14A
T I M E R S
#   Dates   On Time   Dawn Offset   Dusk Offset   Off Time   Dawn Offset   Dusk Offset   Security   Repeat   Enabled   Dim Level   Days
1   01/01 to 12/31 (   6:00 AM           12:59 PM               Yes   Yes   100%   Weekdays
2   01/01 to 12/31               11:42 PM               Yes   Yes   100%   Daily
3   01/01 to 12/31   3:36 AM           5:01 AM                       39%   Daily
4   03/04 to 03/12   4:49 AM           6:19 AM           Yes   Yes   Yes   100%   Daily
5   01/01 to 12/31   6:04 AM           1:00 PM           Yes   Yes   Yes   100%   Weekends
6   02/15 to 02/16               6:50 AM               Yes   Yes   100%   M

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »

Mr Clean:
A few questions for you (I apologize if you've already answered these):

1. What version of AHP are you using? If it is anything earlier than 3.306, I suggest you install 3.306.

2. What type of modules are these? They look like lamp modules or wall switches (based on the dimming levels in your timers). How old are they? (Lamp/wall switch modules from before 2008 or so are non-SoftStart, and need to be treated a bit differently than the newer ones).

3. Are you able to control those modules using a handheld (or plug-in) remote? Make sure you can control BOTH the "On" AND "Off" functions.

4. Are you able to control those modules directly from AHP (by clicking on the buttons on screen)? Test ON, OFF, and DIM capabilities.

The answers to these questions should help us troubleshoot the issue more, and work toward a solution.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »

Get 3.306 at http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm it should solve your problem.  It's the latest AHP version.

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »

I too am having the same problem. Timers stopped working. My system is windows 7 32bits. Ahp 3.306. I have installed reinstalled software. Changed CM15A. I can control with palmpad and from the computer. Will install 3.310 tomorrow and see what happens. I also ran into another problem. V11A is listed in device manager but nothing in image device. Have reinstalled iwatchout many time, but no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

IPS

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 09:58:13 PM »

I too am having the same problem. Timers stopped working. My system is windows 7 32bits. Ahp 3.306. I have installed reinstalled software. Changed CM15A. I can control with palmpad and from the computer. Will install 3.310 tomorrow and see what happens. I also ran into another problem. V11A is listed in device manager but nothing in image device. Have reinstalled iwatchout many time, but no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

IPS
Have you verified that your lamp modules are all SoftStart? If they are not, then you need to re-define them in AHP using the "Old Lamps - no SoftStart" category.
Also, the VA11A is not compatible with Windows 7. you will need to get a VA12A if you want to use the video plugins with Windows 7.

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »

Thanks Noam
No I have not done that. do wall switches need also to be reclassified? So I need to buy a new V12A. Any way around that?

IPS
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.