Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Latest Vanguard software.........  (Read 7287 times)

Dragnet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Latest Vanguard software.........
« on: January 05, 2011, 11:29:07 PM »

Anyone know what the latest version is? Where? ???

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Latest Vanguard software.........
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 05:57:10 AM »

Here the software page for most of the X10 software.
The newest should be here.
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

Yes you will have to click on a few popups trying to sell something.

Dragnet

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »

Thanks, looks like I do have the latest version................

GmaDot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 02:42:38 PM »

If you have the ProPTZ camera, the Vanguard software will not work.  This bit of knowledge is not known, apparently, to most of X10.

I was sent the Vanguard ICC link as part of the initial package with a Pro camera, several X10 cameras, motion sensors, etc.  After 4 days of torture, trying to uninstall and reinstall Vanguard, each time receiving the "rundll32" error when I tried to open Vanguard & countless calls to Helpless Desk, I reached someone in Tech who knew their behind from a hole in ground.

Per VC, if you use the Pro camera as part of your system, you need to download the Sentinel ICC - which apparently works the same way as Vanguard is supposed to work.  We're not done yet with working out all the bugs and config is looking more hopeful now.

Dragnet

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 10:56:19 PM »

Gma. I have (2) XCam2 B/W's & (2) XCam2 color camera's mounted on X10 Ninja pan/tilt bases which are controlled by CR14A remote.........
Buuut, for the past few months when I launch my Vanguard, (latest edition sa26a), it says that it cannot locate the VA12 & then shuts down, sooo EVERYDAY, I  reinstall it in order to get it to work...........
It's been working till a few  days ago.........
It now gets stuck at 87% trying to install the drivers for the "VA10"...!
I had not noticed it was the driver for the VA10..............before, but it would always work...........
If I unplug the VA12, it co.....................................mpletes the install. but then when I plug it back in it gives me the same message "cannot locate the VA12"
I installed AHP in the hope that it would install the proper drivers, but it did not fix the problem
I restored my PC to 1/05 in order to remove the AHP, or anything else as it was working fine on 01/06,,,,,,,,,,,,after I reinstalled the Vanguard....of coarse!
I then again attempted to reinstall the Vanguard, but it got stuck at 87% trying to install the drivers for the VA10.....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.