Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless video sender with dual tuner?  (Read 11482 times)

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
Wireless video sender with dual tuner?
« on: January 13, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »

I have a Dish Network DVR 722 on one TV, and I have no cable/dish on the second tv.

I heard with dual tuners you can change the channels separately using a video sender, but then i heard that this dvr uses this second tuner internally to tune into shows for recording or for PiP.

Does anyone know the facts?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Wireless video sender with dual tuner?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:25:06 PM »

It appears you heard right. You can do both, just not at the same time, but you can't use the Video Sender to forward the TV2 remote control commands since it is RF.
From the manual:
Dual Mode
While in Dual Mode, you can use this dual-tuner satellite receiver to watch different programming
in two separate locations:
• Nearby TV—Programming from the receiver is delivered to the TV near the receiver using
short audio/video cables and is controlled using Remote Control 1. The nearby TV is also
referred to as “TV1.”
• Remote TV—Programming from the receiver is delivered to a TV located in another room
using existing in-home coaxial cable and is controlled using Remote Control 2. The video
displayed on the remote TV is always in standard definition (SD). High-definition stellite

Single Mode
Single Mode provides dual-tuner receiver features—like Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and the ability to
watch one live program while recording another—to all connected TVs.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:35:00 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
Re: Wireless video sender with dual tuner?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:34:13 PM »

ok thanks, they both run in single mode and are both actively recording shows.

kevinc13

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Wireless video sender to kids room
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »

I have a cable box in my living room and cable outlets in each of the 3 BR which can receive the basic cable channels. The X10 will send a signal to where my grand kids are staying but its signal is the same as output from the from the cable box in the living room. What I like to do is send a signal to the kids room so they can watch cartoons, change channels (basic cable) or whatever like the other BR's. I have a old VCR and a video/audio RF modulator will these be of any use?   

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Wireless video sender to kids room
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 07:00:25 PM »

I have a cable box in my living room and cable outlets in each of the 3 BR which can receive the basic cable channels. The X10 will send a signal to where my grand kids are staying but its signal is the same as output from the from the cable box in the living room. What I like to do is send a signal to the kids room so they can watch cartoons, change channels (basic cable) or whatever like the other BR's. I have a old VCR and a video/audio RF modulator will these be of any use?   
The video sender works only with base band video/audio. About the only thing you can do is use the tuner in the VCR to feed base band video/audio to the grand kids room. The kids would use the VCR remote to change channels. If the grand kids TV did not have video/audio input jacks, then you would use your RF modulator to convert the base band video/audio from the X10 video receiver to channel 3 RF for the TV...wait, I think the video receiver already has built iRF modulator doesn't it?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.