Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PC to TV Media Sender problems  (Read 30986 times)

warren631

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PC to TV Media Sender problems
« on: January 06, 2011, 09:56:24 PM »

I have noticed that any negative posts are deleted.  X10 will not improve until problems are faced and corrected.  Lets see if you delete this or ban me.

PC to TV Media Sender problems:  I get a lot of noise on the TV.  Sounds like someone trying to start a motorcycle and there are also lots of screen flashes on the TV.  I tried the ABCD channel switches in all positions with no improvement.  The flat faces of the antennas are facing each other as the manual requires.  I also tried the antennas in other positions but no improvement.  There is about 25 ft line of sight and no walls between them. PC is a Dell XP desktop. 

Also the Wireless Mouse Remote does not work with the X10 software and drivers that I downloaded (SW42A) from a link in the X10 email that was sent to me - I think it is called 'Google Remote'.  There is other software called 'Niveus PC Remote Software' that is mentioned in this forum by others who have had similar problems, but this is no longer available anywhere.

The left mouse button does not work and mouse movement causes windows scrolling and jumping.  I read elsewhere that SW42A only works with Win98?  In case you were going to ask - yes, I DID put batteries in the remote and I DID boot up the computer.  I didn't think a wireless mouse was such a leading edge high tech device that could have so many problems.

Part numbers are:
1 Wireless PC Transceiver CM19A
1 Mouse Remote UR86A
1 Round Video Receiver - used in VK82A VR46A
1 Round Video Sender - used in VK82A VT46A

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: PC to TV Media Sender problems
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:18:57 PM »

I have noticed that any negative posts are deleted.  X10 will not improve until problems are faced and corrected.  Lets see if you delete this or ban me.

PC to TV Media Sender problems:  I get a lot of noise on the TV.  Sounds like someone trying to start a motorcycle and there are also lots of screen flashes on the TV.  I tried the ABCD channel switches in all positions with no improvement.  The flat faces of the antennas are facing each other as the manual requires.  I also tried the antennas in other positions but no improvement.  There is about 25 ft line of sight and no walls between them. PC is a Dell XP desktop. 

Also the Wireless Mouse Remote does not work with the X10 software and drivers that I downloaded (SW42A) from a link in the X10 email that was sent to me - I think it is called 'Google Remote'.  There is other software called 'Niveus PC Remote Software' that is mentioned in this forum by others who have had similar problems, but this is no longer available anywhere.

The left mouse button does not work and mouse movement causes windows scrolling and jumping.  I read elsewhere that SW42A only works with Win98?  In case you were going to ask - yes, I DID put batteries in the remote and I DID boot up the computer.  I didn't think a wireless mouse was such a leading edge high tech device that could have so many problems.

Part numbers are:
1 Wireless PC Transceiver CM19A
1 Mouse Remote UR86A
1 Round Video Receiver - used in VK82A VR46A
1 Round Video Sender - used in VK82A VT46A

Negative posts are not removed !
It's when you post the same thing more then once that I will remove it as will other moderators.
If you wish to multi post the same thing and continue after being warned you will be banned!
Multi posts are  a form of Spam!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:56:27 PM »

"The definition of insanity is doing exactly the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."   :'

Duplicate posts will be removed.  Posts placed in inappropriate places will be moved.

Daring the moderators to ban you is a very good way to get banned.

I'm sure if anyone here has any information on how to do what you want to do with that stuff, they will reply.
Many of us read every single post here, however not everyone does that daily, so some patience may be required.

If you don't have the patience then by all means call and get a RMA.
 >!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:58:05 PM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 09:41:43 AM »

Warren631
Since you double post, I will double answer.
Motorcycle audio and video flashes strongly suggest of an outside interfering signal. Do you have a 2.4GHz Wifi set up?? Or a 2.4GHz corless phone being used when the disturbance is taking place? Are you sure the signal coming from the computer is good?

Don't be so quick to assume the problem is on X10's end. Many times it is not.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

warren631

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »

I got a RMA number without any hassle and returned the X10 equipment today.  Reason For Return: 2.4 GHz interference .  I agree - the problems of noise on the TV were probably due to interferance from my wireless router and cordless phones - but I don't want to live without these items.  The PC to TV Media Sender might be OK if you live in a cave.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 01:58:19 PM »

I got a RMA number without any hassle and returned the X10 equipment today. 

Bummer the product didn't work out for you! I used it here in my home (NOT a cave) and it worked fine. The YouTube Video is playing this YouTube video of mine on both my laptop and my TV. But very nice to see X10 was easy deal with on the return.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:29:47 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 03:43:35 PM »

I got a RMA number without any hassle and returned the X10 equipment today.  Reason For Return: 2.4 GHz interference .  I agree - the problems of noise on the TV were probably due to interferance from my wireless router and cordless phones - but I don't want to live without these items.  The PC to TV Media Sender might be OK if you live in a cave.
Your problem was most likely from your router since you implied it was full time interference, cordless phone interference would most likely take place only when phone was in use. Probably was fixable by forcing your router to change frequencies.

Too bad it didn't work out for you, it just takes some persistance and intellegence in trouble shooting, appearently stong points in cave dwellers..

warren631

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 01:14:13 PM »

Just my unbiased review from my experience as a customer:

The equipment was not designed to withstand a level of interference reasonabley expected in a modern home environment.  Now I have to manually remove all the X10 software from my computer because the X10 software is not supplied with an Uninstall program like professional software has and like X10 management should have insisted on.

Probably this... or probably that...  The equipment was poorly designed and the software was amature and I wasted my time trying it and will waste more time getting rid of it from my computer. 

Bye bye X10.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:34:21 PM by warren631 »

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »

Whatever...

I think you could have gotten the system to work with a little persistance. Your situation with router interference is by no means unique.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:03:12 PM by dave w »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 02:21:09 PM »

Since there is only a limited number of 2.4GHz band  frequencies available. It is possible other brand of cameras would also have interference issues.
That is why most of the wireless routers have many channels to use. That way they can find a free channel.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 04:22:31 PM »

The equipment was not designed to withstand a level of interference reasonabley expected in a modern home environment. 

Oh give me a break. X10 has sold MILLIONS of these 2.4 ghz items (I have several myself). Do you think that your home is the only "modern" one?

.... The equipment was poorly designed and the software was amature and I wasted my time

No not amateur. X10 isn't hard to install... but it does require a few minutes of time. And unless you are a professional installer... there is a learning curve involved. I would guess... you wasted too little time.

The forum here can be very useful. We are all just users of X10 equipment.. customers just like yourself. We've all felt alone with our purchases and we've felt the frustration that came when things don't work. We've learned how to troubleshoot and find corrections and work arounds... just like the professionals do.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 04:43:15 PM »

The forum here can be very useful. We are all just users of X10 equipment.. customers just like yourself. We've all felt alone with our purchases and we've felt the frustration that came when things don't work. We've learned how to troubleshoot and find corrections and work arounds...
And we don't give up and blame the product if it does not work to perfection out of the box.

X10 admin - please provide a new "emoticon". We would like a little smiley face playing a violin.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:46:40 PM by dave w »

thejackal

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 01:52:39 PM »

I'm pretty good at breaking my system DAILY!  B:(  When it's working great I tend to look at it and say,  -:) I bet I can make it do this or that and after messing with macros all day, and it seems to be working BAM! crash 8) Or you plug something new in and didn't think about the noise of the transformer so you run around the house going WTF happened?

I use the wireless video sender in my office daily to transmit from the bedroom cable box. Works like a charm after some tweaking

warren631

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 03:49:22 PM »

It's been over three weeks since I returned the X10 stuff.  Getting the RMA number was easy - getting my refund is a little harder.
 >*<

Alish

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 06:16:51 AM »

I'm pretty good at breaking my system DAILY!  B:(  When it's working great I tend to look at it and say,  -:) I bet I can make it do this or that and after messing with macros all day, and it seems to be working BAM! crash 8) Or you plug something new in and didn't think about the noise of the transformer so you run around the house going WTF happened?

I use the wireless video sender in my office daily to transmit from the bedroom cable box. Works like a charm after some tweaking

In start is create some problem, because its an wireless service but after some time its runs smoothly.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.