Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: MACROs Work Flawlesly but only without "Timed Conditions"  (Read 49437 times)

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
MACROs Work Flawlesly but only without "Timed Conditions"
« on: January 09, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »

I have AHP V3.294 with all the plug-ins running on a Compaq w/Vista SP2. I cant seem to get any of my macros to work if they contain any timed conditions at all. I have read all the posts concerning macros until I'm cross eyed. I see allot of posts saying that the macro looks as if it triggered buy the indication of the blue macro symbol flashing but it will not execute. One other indication I noticed is the audio DING does not sound with a macro triggering ,containing a condition, but still looks as if it triggered by its flashing. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with Vista. B:( B:( B:( B:(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:04:14 PM by Frank3d »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: MACROs Work Flawlesly but only without "Conditions"
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 05:38:34 PM »

First, I recommend you update to the latest version of AHP, 3.301.
You can download it here:
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm .
If you have any of the plugins, it is recommended you install the latest versions of those first, THEN install the latest AHP.

Second, conditional macros ignore the conditions when you trigger them from within AHP. If you are clicking on the box to trigger the macro, AHP ignores the conditions, and executes the commands in the macro.

To test macros, I recommend you use a PalmPad, motion sensor, or a different controller to activate the trigger address.

You can use your activity log to see what's happening when the macro is triggered.

If you post more detail about what you are trying to do, there are plenty of users here who would be more than happy to help you work it out.

Frank3d

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 08:59:05 PM »

First, I recommend you update to the latest version of AHP, 3.301.
You can download it here:
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm .
If you have any of the plugins, it is recommended you install the latest versions of those first, THEN install the latest AHP.

Noam, If I do update to V3.301 I thought I read that all the plugins update at the same time you update AHP now?????

Second, conditional macros ignore the conditions when you trigger them from within AHP. If you are clicking on the box to trigger the macro, AHP ignores the conditions, and executes the commands in the macro.

Noam, Yes I know this and have read this in many of the macro posts.

To test macros, I recommend you use a PalmPad, motion sensor, or a different controller to activate the trigger address.

Noam, I do use a palmpad to test with along with monitoring the activity log. The log shows the house code sent by the palmpad and the macro icon flashes but will not execute if I have included a condition

You can use your activity log to see what's happening when the macro is triggered.

If you post more detail about what you are trying to do, there are plenty of users here who would be more than happy to help you work it out.

Noam, I am successfully using a PR511 to trigger a camera / snapshots  macro at night. Since the P511 will not send a N+ command during the day I want to use an eagle eye to do this but only during the day.
The macro I use for the eagle eye needs a condition to run only during the day. When I include the condition the macro will not trigger.

Separated quotes for readability.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:31:28 PM by Puck »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 08:56:27 AM »

Okay, let's try and figure this one out.
Triggering from a PalmPad executes the macro, but i doesn't run any of the commands. That sounds like it doesn't think the conditions are "true".
If you trigger it from within AHP (which bypasses the condition test), do the commands all execute?
What conditions do you have, and what housecode/unitcode do you have the macro on, etc?

Frank3d

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »

Triggering from a PalmPad executes the macro, but i doesn't run any of the commands. That sounds like it doesn't think the conditions are "true".
If you trigger it from within AHP (which bypasses the condition test), do the commands all execute?
What conditions do you have, and what housecode/unitcode do you have the macro on, etc?

Noam, I'm trying to get some screen shots for you of the macro config below the 128kb attachment limitation of this forum so all can see and understand better. Standby......

Frank3d

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »

Noam, OK here ya go. This is the screen shot of my macro config. I have also tried without the macro wizard. Evey time downloading to the CM15a too. Even cleared the CM15A once.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 10:42:45 PM »

If you trigger it from AHP (by clicking on the button), does it run the commands?
When you trigger a macro with the PalmPad, it WILL show the macro executing, which it does when it starts up and evaluates the conditions.
If it isn't running anything after that, it probably thinks the conditions aren't being met.
Do you have the correct location set in the AHP preferences?
Are your Windows time AND time zone correct?
Check the dusk/dawn times in your AHP preferences, make sure the times look correct for your location.

Frank3d

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 02:33:51 PM »

If you trigger it from AHP (by clicking on the button), does it run the commands?

NOAM, YES IT DOES

When you trigger a macro with the PalmPad, it WILL show the macro executing, which it does when it starts up and evaluates the conditions.
If it isn't running anything after that, it probably thinks the conditions aren't being met.

I AGREE BUT WHAT CANT BE MET WITH THE "AFTER DAWN" CONDITION? I HAVE TRIED ALL THE OTHER MACRO CONDITIONS WITH THE SAME RESULTS.

Do you have the correct location set in the AHP preferences?
  YES

Are your Windows time AND time zone correct?
YES

Check the dusk/dawn times in your AHP preferences, make sure the times look correct for your location.
YES THEY ARE CORRECT.

ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE DING SOUND EFFECT AHP MAKES WHEN A MACRO IS TRIGGERED AND ALSO FLASHES. WELL ALL I GET IS THE FLASHING AND NOT THE DING SOUND WHICH INDICATES TO ME THERE IS SOMETHING NOT CORRECTLY INITIALIZING. B:( B:( B:( B:( Frank3d B:( B:( B:( B:(

EDITTED: Removed replies from quotes again
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:07:30 PM by Puck »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »

I AGREE BUT WHAT CANT BE MET WITH THE "AFTER DAWN" CONDITION?

I took a closer look at your screen shots.
It looks to me like you have two conditions:
1) I4 On
2) It is after DAWN

What is the trigger address of the macro?
If the trigger address is I4, then you shouldn't be using that as a condition, too.

If the trigger is a different address, and you really want to check if I4 is on before running the commands, then you must set your monitored housecode to "I".

Frank3d

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 05:56:21 PM »

I AGREE BUT WHAT CANT BE MET WITH THE "AFTER DAWN" CONDITION?

I took a closer look at your screen shots.
It looks to me like you have two conditions:
1) I4 On
2) It is after DAWN

What is the trigger address of the macro?
Noam, I4 is the trigger address. I have no control over the line in conditions that says " Trigger conditions I4 on" that's there apparently because that's what I'm using for this macro's trigger.

If the trigger address is I4, then you shouldn't be using that as a condition, too.

Again I can not remove that line in conditions. Its there without any input from me other than its the main macro trigger address.

If the trigger is a different address, and you really want to check if I4 is on before running the commands, then you must set your monitored housecode to "I".

Do you have the capability of simulating a similar macro as this one yourself? If you do please try it and let me know how it acts for you. Buy the way, THANKS for all your input!!!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:10:49 PM by Puck »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 07:08:05 PM »

You're right, I never noticed that AHP throws the trigger address into the condition summary.
It looks like perhaps AHP doesn't really think it is after dusk.
Try using a specific time, at least as a test, and see if it validates THAT condition.

Some people have reported problems using Dusk/Dawn in conditions. At least one user reported a workaround for that.
Use one of the flags (or a dummy appliance module on the monitored housecode), that gets turned on or off using a dusk/dawn timer.
You should then be able to use that flag or module status as a valid condition (and it is easier to test, because you can set/clear the flag, or turn the dummy module on or off more easily than you can make the sun go up and down).

Try that, and let us know what happens.

Frank3d

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 07:31:39 PM »

You're right, I never noticed that AHP throws the trigger address into the condition summary.
It looks like perhaps AHP doesn't really think it is after dusk.
Try using a specific time, at least as a test, and see if it validates THAT condition.

Noam. There is no specific "time" condition available in the macro condition selections. There is however a between times selection available which I have also experimented with at different start and end times with no luck. So far no experience with flags. I was avoiding the flags subject unless absolutely necessary.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:50:42 PM by Puck »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 08:39:12 PM »

Noam. There is no specific "time" condition available in the macro condition selections. There is however a between times selection available which I have also experimented with at different start and end times with no luck. So far no experience with flags. I was avoiding the flags subject unless absolutely necessary.

The Specific time condition is what you used for the dusk condition. Make sure you are using the advanced interface for the conditional macros.

Removed response from the quote.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:36:27 PM by Puck »

Frank3d

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 07:53:05 AM »

The Specific time condition is what you used for the dusk condition. Make sure you are using the advanced interface for the conditional macros.

OK, specific time for Dawn shows 7:35am but macro still wont work after that time.

Removed response from the quote.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:48:14 AM by Puck »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 09:46:16 AM »

OK, specific time for Dawn shows 7:35am but macro still wont work after that time.

Okay, try chaning it from "After Dawn" to "After 7:35 AM", and see if that makes any difference.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.