Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nstinct remote will soon be that if they don't fix the DEFECT!  (Read 9074 times)

MikeLS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Nstinct remote will soon be that if they don't fix the DEFECT!
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:44:13 PM »

During the Holiday I thought it would be great to get rid of all my remotes and have just one to control all my electronic gadgets.  I saw the Nstinct Model IR34A online so I ordered two, one for upstairs and one for down stairs.  I figured for 29.99 I couldn't go wrong, boy was I wrong  B:(  After programming any channel with a 7 in it in the his or her favorites the 7 would display twice. Example, if I programmed channel 57 I would get 577, 72 I get 772.  If I pressed the keys manually they worked fine. If programmed to favorites the 7 alway displays twice.  This means any channel with a 7 can not be programmed into favorites.  I tried the second remote I ordered thinking the first unit was bad and got the same results.  I call customer service and told them of the problem.  They asked what was the batch number behind the battery door and I told them 10I38.  They said they would send out two new one from a new batch.  I got my new remotes today and they had the same batch number 10I38.  I tested one and it had the same double 7 problem.  Do not buy a Nstinct remote until this problem is fixed.  I do not know if it is just batch 10I38 but I am sending the remotes back.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Nstinct remote will soon be that if they don't fix the DEFECT!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:53:06 AM »

I have a 10G30 that does not seem to have that problem.
In the '?' screen can you see the firmware {I think it is firmware} number?
Mine is: MUS0AUSS1DU4-06/10/10-1

MikeLS

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:15:22 PM »

It's the same firmware number MUS0AUSS1DU4-06/10/10-1.  The Only difference is the batch number.

leithalweapon

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 11:02:54 AM »

I bought one right after Christmas and it does NOT have the problem you are describing.

MikeLS

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 12:52:29 PM »

What was the batch number?  Behind the battery door is a sticker with batch number sticker.  My batch number was 10I38 and both orders were bad, total of 4 units.  Maybe it's a bad batch to look out for.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.