Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: *One thread* for Error 500 Server not found  (Read 34543 times)

cjc5602

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: error 500 server stoped responding
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 11:37:57 AM »

I can log on now with my phone via wifi or 3G now. With no problems and the refresh rate is as good as if I were on the computer. Now I'm adding some more cams to it.

geeforce

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 12:07:16 PM »

I'm glad i could be of some help. For the fine tuning i was talking about. your Internet IP address will change after a while. Go to http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/ and open a free account. This service will keep a tab on your changing Internet IP address and will adjust with its change. You will have to configure your router to communicate with Dyndns so the change will be automatic or i have heard of some software that can be downloaded to the running system to keep up with the change. We are on the same page right now so anything that will happen from here will be new to me too. Have fun. I know i am. Later.

MEBCS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 09:27:54 PM »

If you have a domain I would suggest using iWatchMobile, not iWatchMobile Pro.  The servers at X10 are overloaded, bandwith or lack of system resources, I don't know.
Support at X10 has not been able to answer any questions.  Making an appointment a week or so away to speak to someone is not acceptable.
With TZO.COM you can setup a domain, configure your router to port forward 8777 to your ActiveHome Pro PC, and you're up and running.  No more 500 - Server Errors.
You'll find the images on you're phone or remote browser are also cleaner.
JUST SAYIN!

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 10:12:03 PM »

If you have a domain I would suggest using iWatchMobile, not iWatchMobile Pro.
The 3G (ie. using the X10 Reflector) service has worked for me as long as I'm in an area with good signal strength (which isn't hard where I live).

iWatchMobile Pro doesn't force you to use the X10 Reflector Service, it's merely an option should you choose to use it. What's great is that if you do have the reflector/3G link turned on, it still works with the local Wifi link (for your own domain or whatever you'd like), and all your Mobile Apps become available through the 3G link too, so you can use http://iw.x10.com/ahp?xid=THISISJUSTASAMPLE for ActivePhone, or more.

To my knowledge, they no longer sell the regular iWatchMobile because many people preferred the Pro features, even if they didn't use the 3G service. Features such as the ability to review recorded video, stills, and control Ninja Pan/Tilt bases, among others.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:10:13 AM by anthonylavado »
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 07:14:38 PM »

We updated the servers at X10 Friday night -- That should help

Mine is now working so far.  Tuesday night.

Thanks !!

Update:  It's stopped again.  No real surprise.  Wednesday morning.

What error message do you get?  Can you describe what happens?  With release 304 of ActiveHome and the new X10 server update, there shouldn't be any problems, so if you find something, we'd very much like to fix it.

djern

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 09:39:36 PM »

After updating to 303 (I think), I was able to connect.  The next morning..."500 error -- server disconnected"

A few days later, I updated to 304.  And I haven't been able to connect yet.  "500 error -- server disconnected"

DeeJayT

Server not found!
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 09:55:27 AM »

My iwatchout mobile pro works great every day but only for a day at a time. Every morning I have to re-invite the cell phone and generate a new security to get it to connect then it's good for the day wifi and 3G. Any ideas?

tbronson

Error 500 Server Not Found
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 07:34:58 AM »

B:(

I also have had issues with this error 500 server not found,For some time
. I have latest Ahp version and I am direct internet from router using cable.
This morning I found server not found and tryed the add cell phone but that very seldom works.
I had to unplug usb VA12A and usb Cm19A devices
and reboot xp laptop. I then plug in devices again
and restart AHP and then that online address works
and i can see cameras again . Either the usb devices or AHP
is at fault . I cant trust this security system and travel.
Any advice from tbe tech department?
P.S.   10 minutes later 500 error pops up again.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:00:07 AM by tbronson »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Error 500 Server Not Found
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 09:37:19 AM »

Chances are you won't get any responce from the tech department on this forum as it is mostly users that are on here helping each other.
You may however get a suggestion from a fellow forum member.
The X10 server never has been reliable enough for most of the members here.
Many use programs like Logmein or RealVNC to access their security setups over the internet.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Skudski

Iwatch mobile pro Error 500 Server not found
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 01:43:20 AM »

B:( Just installed Iwatchmobile pro on my Active home pro software.  When I try to access my cameras on 3G link that was sent,  I get Error 500 Server not found.  Still getting after several days.  Also, I connect to the wireless address OK at home, but wireless address has not worked on two other open wireless networks.  I'm
using an LG Ally with Android.  I've noticed others having the same issue with this.  I am suspecting this is a known issue that X10 does not have an answer for.  The 3G link that was sent to me is :
3G: http://iw.x10.com/iwatchpro?Xid=eaeb6e1f3340cd17
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.