Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Simon XT and Every Light in the House  (Read 11415 times)

mrgifford7

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Simon XT and Every Light in the House
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:54:27 PM »

I apologize if this has been asked before, I did a search but I ended up finding a whole lot of posts from a person named Simon.  Anyway, I'm totally brand new to x10 concept.  I have the AHP $49 special, 4 lamp modules, and a wire-in module for the porch lamp. Kit grows every 2 weeks when I get my allowance from the wife.  :)

Anyway,  I have an alarm system (from ADT) in place that uses the GE Simon XT console.  What I've been trying to figure out how to do is when the alarm goes off (after dark) I want every light in the X10 system (will be all of them eventually) to turn on so that my wife and I know exactly who to shoot at.  I've read that the XT is x10 capable with a change in the transformer, but it concerns me that all of my reading basically says it will only control a single house code/unit#.

My thought is maybe hooking a Powerflash to the external Siren hookups and create a macro in AHP to turn on all lighting when it receives a signal from the Powerflash.  Does this make sense?  Is it possible?  Is this the route that I need to be taking?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Simon XT and Every Light in the House
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 06:12:25 AM »

If the Simon XT can send an X10 Address {House and Unit Code} On and Off. You could use that address to trigger a macro for the lights on a different address.

The powerflash triggered by the siren output could also be used to send the X10 On and Off for the macro. It can also be set to a mode where it flashes all the lights on the address it is set to when triggered.

mrgifford7

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 11:21:21 PM »

That's strange,  I never thought to trap the actual signal from the Simon XT.  Here I was, trying to add a device to catch the signal and then send off another signal to trap.  You'd think as a Software Developer, I would have thought about that.   Ah well.  Thanks for the reply Brian.

mrgifford7

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:23:02 PM »

K, well I finally got my AHP software set up and a in-line unit for my porch light (which is working)   ;D

Should I be able to see the Simon XT on the House Code/Unit graph?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »

If the Simon XT is sending an X10 Power Line signal. It should show up in the Activity Monitor screen. I believe history may also show it.

mrgifford7

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 07:42:19 PM »

That's good to know.  I guess I'm going to have to upgrade the Power Transformer, because I'm not seeing it on the monitor.  Thanks again, Brian.

mrgifford7

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »

Brian or anybody else,

Do you know if GE ever released a transformer for the XT?  Or do I still need to get a 60-913 transformer for my panel?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 03:37:51 PM »

I don't know.
Trying to find any data on the Simon XT is confusing. As GE Security is now a United Technologies Company.

I did find the number 60-913 listed for the Simon 3.
I believe that is what you want, but not 100% sure.

Since this was an ADT installation. Your panel does have X10 settings and it was not an OEM special for them?

mrgifford7

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 10:38:26 PM »

Yes, I've gone through the programming settings and it looks like it's already set to a house code of "A."  It also looks like I have the ability to control up to 8 units, which from my research, says that they should be set to a house code of "B."  I guess the next step will be to get 60-913 transformer.  I have found a few online for less than $15 so I'll do that at some point.  Right now though, I'm building a collection of lamp modules, light sockets, and the 4 button stick-on switches.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.