Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AHP & CM15A Random module turn-on  (Read 10668 times)

PLCGuru

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP & CM15A Random module turn-on
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:30:21 AM »

Been using X10 since the end of the Disco era  ;)   So I know the limitations of X10.  I know about finding noise, filtering noise, signal suckers, line couplers, RF TX & RX units, repeaters, JV's XTB, neighbours with similar house codes, low batteries in motion units sending codes, etc.
I recently replaced my CM11, which was working flawlessly with AH for the last 8 years.  I upgraded to the CM15A and AHP version 3.301.  I have a very simple system, 9 modules and 2 macros.  The macros work great. This is my problem.  After observing my new system for the last 4 weeks, I think I have a defective CM15A.  In the middle of the night, when all modules in the house are off, I sometimes get a randon turn-on of module P1.  This is with the CM15A NOT connected to my computer.  If I clear the memory, remove batteries and reprogram, I'm good for a few days.  After a few days, I start getting other modules randomly starting in the middle of the night.  Clear the memory again, same scenario, but now I wake up to a different module number that has randomly turned on.   If I run the CM15A connected to the computer with usb, It seems to work fine.  Has anyone out there experienced this?  I'm ready to replace the CM15A. 

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: AHP & CM15A Random module turn-on
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:26:22 AM »

I would suggest getting AHP version 3.228.   Since you have a simple system, that should work fine for you.  As to the CM15A, I got mine in July 2005 and it's still working fine.  You can get 3.228 at http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm as a .zip file.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

PLCGuru

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:40:13 AM »

I appreciate your thoughts but I don't understand the logic in going back to an earlier version of the software.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »

For a simple system (NO PLUG-INS) you don't need more than 3.228.  You want your timers to work properly.   

PLCGuru

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 01:13:51 PM »

Thanks Dan.  Now I understand you!  I should have told you I have all of the plugins installed that came with my CM15A, but I'm only using AHP.   The plugins are not being utilized at this time.  Perhaps in the future I might expand the system and start using the other plugins.  Now that I have the plugins installed, can they be removed? 

PLCGuru

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »

For a simple system (NO PLUG-INS) you don't need more than 3.228.  You want your timers to work properly.   

Hi again Dan. I reported wrong, I am actually using the Smart Macro Plugin.  But that's it and it works great!

I love how the macros work and program on the CM15A.  Light-years ahead of the older AH.

Thanks, Anthony

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 01:27:31 PM »

PLCGuru
You should ugrade to version 3.304 it is a better version then 3.301.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 01:47:09 PM »

Dan -
I thought you were able to get a stable system with later versions, after you did a complete uninstall and reinstall a little while back.
Did your system go south again?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 07:42:20 PM »

My system is running fine.  I did go back to 3.296 and as of today, all timers run as established.   I do not use any plug-ins, my X10 system does not need them.

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 08:11:13 PM »

OP states that the CM15A is not connected to a computer.

Does the version of the software change the way the interface works when it is operating in stand-alone mode?  :'
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

PLCGuru

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 08:52:46 PM »

Hey Guys, please don't hijack my thread.  I did the upgrade to 3.304 a few hours ago and again I find I have a module turning on at random.  In my activity monitor, which I am not 100% used to yet, I see this event described as "Transmit" and it's module number.  It didn't "Receive RF"  Anyone out here have any thoughts on this?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »

Is the recycle bin in AHP empty?
purge macros
Clear your interface
empty the recycle bin
then update the interface.
Sometimes old macros & timers don't get cleared and continue to fire.
It has also been noticed that old deleted timers macros that are still in the recycle bin continue to work.
 >!

Does the version of the software change the way the interface works when it is operating in stand-alone mode?  :'
Possibly, X10 added options for softstart modules.
as well as some other fixes.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 11:29:26 AM »

Separate section for older Lamp Modules and the new soft start Lamp Modules was added.
http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm

PLCGuru

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 01:26:15 PM »

Is the recycle bin in AHP empty?
purge macros
Clear your interface
empty the recycle bin
then update the interface.
Sometimes old macros & timers don't get cleared and continue to fire.
It has also been noticed that old deleted timers macros that are still in the recycle bin continue to work.
 >!

Possibly, X10 added options for softstart modules.
as well as some other fixes.

Thanks Tuiceman, I will check the recycle bin as soon as I get home.   One bit of info you might find interesting, one of the modules that turns on by itself has no timer programmed into it.   It's a module in the system that, at this time, has no timer or macro associated with it.   

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »

Have you tried changing the Unit code of that module, and perhaps setting a different one to that code, and see if the randomness follows the module or the unit code?

There is a somewhat common issue with the wall swtiches, which are prone to random turn-ons from electrical noise.
I ended up replacing all of mine with switches from Smarthome, instead.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.