Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: autom8  (Read 4875 times)

fjc21

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
autom8
« on: January 18, 2011, 01:31:34 PM »

I need help with the settings required to get the autom8 client up and running.  Name ? (name on my cma15a program)? IP address (which one)? Password (for what)?

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
Re: autom8
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:13:50 PM »

I don't use the autom8 but after looking at the program, looks like the name can be what you want, Home or the name of your computer. The password is for security so only your client can connect, make it what you want. The IP is either the ip of your computer if you only want to use it over your wifi, your phone would need access to your wifi also, or your public ip used by your router. You will also need to map the incoming port on your router to your computer behind the router with the autom8 server.

To get your public ip, go to whatismyip.com. However, if you have a dynamic ip that changes from time to time, you will want to setup a dynamic dns account that will map a domain name to your public ip. A look in your router's manual will tell you if it supports such a service and which service(s) it supports.

fjc21

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »

Thanks for the help. I've tried all of the above except the port forwarding in the router. Just wondering how it would work though with a dynamic IP address. Seems there should be a DDNS service.

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 04:31:05 PM »

dyndns.com among others...
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 04:31:29 PM »

Thanks for the help. I've tried all of the above except the port forwarding in the router. Just wondering how it would work though with a dynamic IP address. Seems there should be a DDNS service.

You can do it without the ddns service, but you will have to monitor for public ip changes.

What router and model number do you have? Maybe I can help.

fjc21

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 04:51:50 PM »

Well. I'm at the point where I'm being rejected because I don't know the password. I used the computer name and computer IP address, which is static. The port is okay and the firewall has been set to "always allow". I'm at a loss for the password.

lviper

• PI Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »

Well. I'm at the point where I'm being rejected because I don't know the password. I used the computer name and computer IP address, which is static. The port is okay and the firewall has been set to "always allow". I'm at a loss for the password.

I just downloaded and installed the server. You enter whatever password you want in the password field then start the server. If the server is started, stop it, change the password and restart the server. Then try and connect with your phone. I also assume you have your phone on your home's internal network and not trying to connect from the internet? If you are trying from the internet you still need to map the port in your router. Just setting the firewall to always allow is not enough. But if you are doing it from your wifi on your home network, then it should be enough.

fjc21

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »

Too easy. Thanks

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.