Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A not running timed events  (Read 2650 times)

rhall007

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A not running timed events
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »

So I just setup my AHP with Active Phone. Both work great. All wall switches work great from Active Home Pro and the Active Phone. My problem is the CM15A does not run my timed events for my modules (wall switches are all I have right now). I erased CM15A memory, purged macros, setup hardware config for my time zone, and re-saved timed events to the CM15A interface, but lights do not turn on when they should. Actually, they never turn on. I have left the usb cable still connected to the CM15A and computer. Could that be the problem? I can reliably turn on/off all lights by the PC and active phone, but not the CM15A. Is there possibly a special sequence I should be following? 

I would think even if the usb cable is attached, the interface would still run timed events saved in memory. So if I have the usb connected between the PC and CM15A does the computer take control priority over the CM15A? Regardless nothing seems to be executing the timed events properly. Any Ideas??

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15A not running timed events
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 06:13:36 PM »

What revision AHP?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »

Have you verified that the time and time zone on your PC are correct, too?

rhall007

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »

Version is 3.303.
and yes, I have the PC time set correctly as well as the Hardware config GUI on the AHP. I would possibly consider a Phase issue, but all switches run fine when switched from AHP on the computer as well as my cell phone. For example, at 10pm tonight, I have a tmed event to dim my two independantly controlled lamposts to 50%. 10pm came and went and the lights did not dim. I then pulled out my cell phone and manually dimmed them just fine. I then went down to my PC and dimmed them just fine.

I'm wondering... I have 4 dimmable wall switches that I am telling the AHP and CM15A to change states at the same time. Could there be a addressing collision? Example: at 10pm I tell all switches to dim to 50% and then shut off at 11pm. Does AHP know to sequence events so each module is addressed at a different time, in an effort to not try to broadcast all addresses at the same time?

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 12:20:49 AM »

Does AHP know to sequence events so each module is addressed at a different time, in an effort to not try to broadcast all addresses at the same time?
Try just one light to make sure it works. If it does, there are a few options.

If you want to use timers, possibly staggering them so they don't happen all at once?
The second option is to use a Macro (can be set to any unused House Code and Unit Code), with a 0 second delay in between each step.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

rhall007

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 10:32:36 PM »

Well I found how to make everything work, but it seems stupid. I had all my outside wall switches programmed via the timers tool and nothing would work via the interface or in PC mode. I deleted all my timer events and created Macros. I then went back to the timer section and setup what time my Macros should execute. It works now. I have lights on at 5am and dim to 50%, adjust to 100% at 5:30am, off at dawn, on at dusk, dim to 50% at 10pm, shut off at 11pm. It all works. The AHP GUI is pretty user friendly, but the timer and Macro tools are not too intuitive as to how to use them together. It is now that I figured it out, but it sure looked like I could have done everything I wanted just from the timers section. Well, lesson learned. What I thought was true, was not. Thanks for the help

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.