Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Module groups fix Softstart timer issue?  (Read 3549 times)

ps653

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New Module groups fix Softstart timer issue?
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »

Ok - recent versions of AHP created a new group of modules 'Older Lamps (no Softstart)'. 

So now in Older lamps there is a WS467 definition and in Lamps there is a WS467 definition.

I am definitely no expert, but my preliminary testing shows that if I redefine my WS467 (which was previously defined as a LM14a to make it work) as a WS467 from the Lamps group - the timers work properly.  The code sent is 'Extended Code 3e 31' which turns the module on. It is no longer sending a 'Bright 100%' which did not work.

Other than the fact that there is no easy way to tell if you have an old or new WS467, this may make life simpler - or at least allow us to define the modules accurately (I have no idea of the broader implications).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:30:14 PM by ps653 »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: New Module groups fix Softstart timer issue?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:59:03 AM »

...Other than the fact that there is no easy way to tell if you have an old or new WS467...
X10 changed the WS467 to SoftStart around 2008. If your switches are older than that, they are not SoftStart. If they are newer, they *probably* are.

It is pretty easy to figure it out, though.
Using a PalmPad, turn the light on. If it comes on instantly, it is not Soft-Start. If it dims up to full brightness, then it is.
You can also do it using Extended Codes. If it responds to them, then it is the newer version.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:45:44 PM »

Other than the fact that there is no easy way to tell if you have an old or new WS467,
Adding to Noam's recommendation:
If you can dim and brighten the light by using the button on the wall switch, it is the newer design. The button on the earlier design only controlled on and off.

Edit to correct author of the response. Sorry Noam.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:29:02 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »

If you can dim and brighten the light by using the button on the wall switch, it is the newer design. The button on the earlier design only controlled on and off.
Not an option for Lamp Modules, though.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.