Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Module Substitution Chart  (Read 7427 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Module Substitution Chart
« on: January 19, 2011, 12:58:06 PM »

I have been an AHP user and a forum member for over 5 years, and I routinely see suggestions for how to define other manufacturers' modules within AHP.

I doubt X10 would ever give us a "recommended" substitution chart, since that would imply that they approve of us buying modules from other companies, instead of their own. However, since we do it anyway, perhaps we can put together a chart of our own.
Now, I don't know if there is a good format to do it within the framework of the forums, but I'm sure one of the moderators could help with that.

As users chime in with their "success" and "failure" stories, the chart could be filled in with the best modules to use in AHP for a specific model of switch.

For example, I have been defining my SmartHome dimmers as "old style" Lamp Modules, and the non-dimming switches as Flourescent Decorator Wall Switches. However, that might not be the best way to do it, especially given the newly improved support for SoftStart modules.
In addition, I have a few lights that are actually on appliance modules (my low-voltage landscaping lights, for example), so I would like to know if I can define that appliance module as a "Flourescent Decorator Wall Switch," so that it shows up with the right color border at the top.

With that, I'll ask a question:
Is anyone else using the following SmartHome switches, and how are you defining them:
SwitchLinc/ToggleLinc pre-Insteon dimmer
SwitchLinc/ToggleLinc pre-insteon relay switch (non-dimming)
SwitchLinc/ToggleLinc Insteon relay switch (non-dimming)

I'd like to compare notes.
Thanks.
--Noam

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Module Substitution Chart
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:20:33 PM »

I would also be interested in this. I have a 8 button Keypadlinc that works great transmitting X10 addresses, but
is horrible at receiving them. I have tried using all the modules in AHP, but only seems to work about 10% of the time.
All my other modules are X10 and Leviton and work 100% without fail. I wonder how others are defining the KPL.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.