Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Beginner Needs Heeelp!!!  (Read 9977 times)

zonian149

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Beginner Needs Heeelp!!!
« on: January 22, 2011, 05:57:55 PM »

OK this shouldn't be this difficult. I have AHP (v. 3.304) setup and running using Windows XP and I can control my light using the switches in AHP. So I create a timer to set the lights  to go on 10 min from the current time. I download timers to the CM15A and wait for the lights to come on and nothing ever happens. So what stupid thing am I doing wrong. I have cleared the CM15A out and deleted all timers and macros and stated over, but the timer still doesn't work. I am using a standard older type lamp module which works fine through AHP and also works with the Palm Controller. I am just confused and hope someone can help me out. I had a break-in recently and I am trying to upgrade my security so my wife (and me) can sleep better at night.  B:(Thanks--Gary

zonian149

Re: Beginner Needs Heeelp!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 06:32:21 PM »

I forgot, the date and time is correct on the bottom info bar in AHP.--Gary

kip

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:34:59 PM »

I have a similar issue, all my lights are controlled on off by computer when hooked up to the interface, but once disconnected the timers don't work on any devices.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple.  I have a phase coupler, and boosterlinks throughout the house, have the software send multiple signals, and have the download to interface icon highlighted on every device.

Please help!

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »

I don't currently use timers, but I do use macros with time conditions. What has helped me when they seem not to work is
1. empty my trash bin in AHP and save settings.
2. clear the interface.
3. shut down ahp.
4. disconnet the cm15a, unplug and remove the batteries and wait a minute.
5. plug in the cm15a
6. install the batteries
7. connect to computer
8. start ahp
9. download macros and timers.

Give that a try and see what happens. Otherwise some of the more experienced users should chime in here shortly with more help.

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:59:38 AM »

oh, and make certain you 'Store in Interface' for all macros. Stating the obvious but...
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 09:32:29 AM »

I don't currently use timers, but I do use macros with time conditions. What has helped me when they seem not to work is
1. empty my trash bin in AHP and save settings.
2. clear the interface.
3. shut down ahp.
4. disconnet the cm15a, unplug and remove the batteries and wait a minute.
5. plug in the cm15a
6. install the batteries
7. connect to computer
8. start ahp
9. download macros and timers.

Give that a try and see what happens. Otherwise some of the more experienced users should chime in here shortly with more help.

You forgot the chant, dance, and sacrifice of a small animal.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 12:23:48 PM »

You forgot the chant, dance, and sacrifice of a small animal.

I just like to cover all the bases. But the sacrifice of a rat to a snake might be in order as well.... rofl

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 12:37:17 PM »

zonian149 there is a issue with the new softstart lamp modules.
And I would assume since your a newbie you have these.
Download the newest version of AHP (currently 3.305) located here:  http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm
This should put your lamp modules in the lamp category which is now slotted for Softstart modules.
If you timers still fail the modules may need to be added to the "Older lamp module(no softstart)" category see attached pic.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

zonian149

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 09:54:28 AM »

I am a newbie to AHP, but a long time (20+ years) user of x10 products. I kinda got my lights to come on and off with timers, but I am using appliance modules instead of lamp modules. The lamp modules I use are radio shack, x10 and old home director modules. I downloaded the newest version from your link, but the lamp modules do not come on with a timer as before, but they do come on when flipping the switch in AHP.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 10:12:01 AM »

I am a newbie to AHP, but a long time (20+ years) user of x10 products. I kinda got my lights to come on and off with timers, but I am using appliance modules instead of lamp modules. The lamp modules I use are radio shack, x10 and old home director modules. I downloaded the newest version from your link, but the lamp modules do not come on with a timer as before, but they do come on when flipping the switch in AHP.
I'm a little confused are you physically using appliance modules or telling AHP to use that?

If your using old lamp modules (radio shack, x10 and old home director modules) they must be configured as "Older lamp module(no softstart)" in AHP.
I think there maybe a issue with the dusk off time as I've been fighting with this one myself!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »

I downloaded the newest version from your link, but the lamp modules do not come on with a timer as before, but they do come on when flipping the switch in AHP.
Depending on what version AHP you are using, this may help.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Timers_Or_Macros_Not_Working_In_Activehome_Pro
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

zonian149

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 12:51:41 PM »

Yes, I am actually using appliance modules, but I have AHP set to the old style lamp modules which works most of the time. When I try to use the old style lamp modules set as old style lamp modules they will only turn on or off by clicking the switch in AHP, the timers will not controll them at all and I have six connected, I also have an old style wall switch which AHP will not control. I have checked the link Tuicemen posted and that didn't help. X10 sent me that link before when I called them. I would really like to be able to use the lamp modules.--Gary

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »

If your using appliance modules then you shouldn't be setting them as lamp modules in AHP!
Modules need to be configured in AHP to what they actualy are. Not doing so can lead to all kinds of issues.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »

Yes, I am actually using appliance modules, but I have AHP set to the old style lamp modules which works most of the time. When I try to use the old style lamp modules set as old style lamp modules they will only turn on or off by clicking the switch in AHP, the timers will not controll them at all and I have six connected, I also have an old style wall switch which AHP will not control. I have checked the link Tuicemen posted and that didn't help. X10 sent me that link before when I called them. I would really like to be able to use the lamp modules.--Gary

If the modules themselves are actually appliance modules, but you define them in AHP as lamps, then you will likely run into issues.
In the interface, AHP will send an "On" command to turn on a lamp module.
However, in a timer or macro, the default behavior is to either send an "Extended Dim" code (for a SoftStart Lamp module) or send a "Bright 100%" (for an older, non-SoftStart Lamp module).
Neither code will work to turn on an appliance module.
If you re-define them as appliance modules, they should work fine.
Alternatively, you can try defining an Appliance module as a "Fluorescent Decorator Wall Switch" . That also only has an "On" and "Off" state, so the timers should work okay for those, too.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.