Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dual CM15A's  (Read 2404 times)

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Dual CM15A's
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:09 PM »

Hey guys, I run (2) CM15A's. Been awhile since I've done this. I want to sneak a short macro into unit #2.
I keep backups of the .ahx Files. So, if I'm doin it right, I swap that #2 unit file into the program, plug that unit in and reboot.
For some reason now my machine won't recognise it. And of course when I open AHP it tells me that the unit is not connected.
 Any thoughts?   I'm wondering if that one has gone bad on me?

I swap everthing back to #1, reboot and everythings just peachy.

Windows XP Home SP3,   AHP 3.228

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Dual CM15A's
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 07:58:08 AM »

Hey guys, I run (2) CM15A's. Been awhile since I've done this. I want to sneak a short macro into unit #2.
I keep backups of the .ahx Files. So, if I'm doin it right, I swap that #2 unit file into the program, plug that unit in and reboot.
For some reason now my machine won't recognise it. And of course when I open AHP it tells me that the unit is not connected.
 Any thoughts?   I'm wondering if that one has gone bad on me?

I swap everthing back to #1, reboot and everythings just peachy.

Windows XP Home SP3,   AHP 3.228

WHY are you using 2 CM15As?    Phase problems?   If you must use 2, you have to shut the PC down before you swap. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

troll334

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »

FYI:
I starting using two CM15's a few weeks ago.
1) I finally feel good about the reliability of the system and the macros that are running.
2) I decided to plug the first CM15 into Jeff's XTB-IIR at the head-end.
3) I didn't want to run an 80' USB cable from geek room the the head-end for monitoring and mods.
4) I've got macros that require AHP and PC to be running 24/7/365.
So I've split those macros off the original house file and those run in the CM15 local to the PC/AHP.
GMAN, after taking Dan's advice, you might also try using Windows device manager; rescan the USB device tree.
If none of that works, I'd bet on a bad CM15. If you've got another PC (laptop, whatever) plug the suspect CM15
into that as well; even without AHP being installed. See if Windows on that machine detects new hardware; though
it likely will not have the driver, it's a clue that the USB interface on the CM15 is working.
After-post: When I do need to make mods to the head-end CM15, I simply download his file into the local CM15, swap
CM15's out, and dump the local AHP file back into the original...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:51:41 AM by troll334 »
AHP 3.236. CM15A. XTB-IIR. XTBM. Hauppauge 950Q.

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 04:08:19 PM »

Thank you for the replies!

Phase problems?
I wouldn't say a problem... :'  At least for now. I'm getting by with one at the PC and one on the other phase.
As things grow,I probably won't be able to skate for to much longer without a coupler.

:)% Got things working.  Had forgotten about the ol' Battery Ritual.

http://www.x10.com/kbase/articles/a00006.html

Back to the project.

Installed a receptacle to run a Power Flash Module... and as luck would have it, the best location was... on the opposite phase.

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 05:38:32 PM »

My thought is to first install a phase coupler, unless you have a very large home, I don't see the need for a a second CM15...Loddie

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 10:13:10 PM »

Absolutely!!!   I don't have a big house, but it does have 2 phases.  I used the capacitor in the electric stove outlet to bridge the phases. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.