Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PUM01  (Read 1765 times)

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
PUM01
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue with a couple of PUM01s I recently purchased  -- Manufacture code 09J42

For some reason they will only activate the relay when I send an on command immediately after an off command on my HR12A remote.  If I wait any longer to send an on command, it does not work.
I even moved them to the same socket my ActiveHome Pro USB Transceiver is on.
I have an XTBR on the same circuit.  Other X10 modules work on the same circuit.

Thanks

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Re: PUM01
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »

I have received two reports of X10 universal modules misbehaving when close to a XTB-IIR.  I was able to simulate the problem here when the universal module was on the same power strip as the XTB-IIR, but not when it was plugged into a receptacle across the room.  The symptom I saw was that the universal module would turn on and then immediately off.  Apparently it can be overloaded by the strong signal from the XTB-IIR (or XTBR).

While your problem appears to be different, you might try moving it either to a different circuit or further away from the XTBR so it receives a weaker signal.  If the problem persists, then cause is likely due to something else.  I have not seen this behavior with any other X10 modules either.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: PUM01
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:19:06 PM »

Chalk up another reason to get an XTBM.  Found a flaky button on my HR12A remote with the XTBM.  Thanks Jeff .... #:)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.