Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with XPS3 switch & LED Pool Light  (Read 3388 times)

mrdon515

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help with XPS3 switch & LED Pool Light
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:11:38 PM »

When my pool was originally built (3 years ago), an XPS3 switch was installed to control an LED pool light. The switch lasted for 1 yr then quit working. I replaced it with another XPS3 switch and the same thing happened. It lasted for 1 yr then quit working (couldn't turn it on from the switch or the remote).

So I just replaced it for the 3rd time, and this time is worked for 2 days and now the light is stuck "on" and will not shut off.

There is no water or condensation getting on the switch as it is in an area where it cannot get wet and it is in a sealed box.

I have found a handful of other posts talking about using an appliance module or using a nightlight of some sort, or a noise filter. I'm not sure if this is applicable to my issue or not, and if it is, I'm not sure exactly which route to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Help with XPS3 switch & LED Pool Light
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:18:05 PM »

Try cycling the breaker off and back on again, to the XPS3 and see if it starts working.
If it does noise may have confused it.

Stuck On meaning both X10 commands and the local paddle on it do not work to turn it off?

When you try to turn it off locally does it chatter a few times?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Help with XPS3 switch & LED Pool Light
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 02:34:15 PM »

Brian H and I are probably traveling down the same road. The XPS3 is pretty reliable, I'm wondering if you could not an intermitent noise problem.

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
http://www.x10.com/support/x10trou.htm#on

Brian's question about whether the XPS3 could be controlled locally is important since it will help answer that question. What are you using to control the XPS3 remotely?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.