Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (FIXED) Security Module to turn lights on with time condition issue  (Read 22972 times)

rock99rock

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Howdy!

I've searched a bit, and found some interesting posts that have not solved my issue.  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=13843.0 was the most relevant.   I'm running the latest version of AHP, and have the Smart Macros and OnAlert plugins installed & registered.  The monitored house code is "A".  The server running the AHP is always on.  The time on the server and CM15A are correct, and correspond.  The timers have been downloaded and saved.

I want my front door sensor (DS10A sensor triggered) to turn on all lights (LM465 with soft start x2 Housecode "A") with timed condition (between 5pm and 8pm).  

The macro works with the time condition removed.  I tried setting up 2 macros, where the front door sensor would enable a ghost appliance sensor, then the second macro took the ghost sensor as a trigger, and threw in the timed condition.  This idea from the earlier linked post.  Here is a pic of the optimal setup:

What am I missing?  Thanks in advance!

-Rock

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:10:27 PM by rock99rock »

peg-leg

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: Security Module to turn lights on with time condition issue
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 11:21:07 PM »

I believe there's an issue with time conditions on any AHP version beyond 3.296.  You try reverting back to that version and see what happens.

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »

I had the same problem using conditions with the ds10a. What you need to do is hace the ds10a turn on a phantom module when triggered and off when closed. Then you use the phantom module to trigger your lights on macro with the time conditions.

For example, ds10a triggered turns P1 on.
P1 on triggers your macro to turn on all living room lights between the time condition.

P1 is just an appliance module on an unsed house code. Take a look at my macro at http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22396.0

rock99rock

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 12:12:15 AM »

I had the same problem using conditions with the ds10a. What you need to do is hace the ds10a turn on a phantom module when triggered and off when closed. Then you use the phantom module to trigger your lights on macro with the time conditions.

For example, ds10a triggered turns P1 on.
P1 on triggers your macro to turn on all living room lights between the time condition.

P1 is just an appliance module on an unsed house code. Take a look at my macro at http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22396.0

I don't know if you saw my entire post, but I tried that already
"I tried setting up 2 macros, where the front door sensor would enable a ghost appliance sensor, then the second macro took the ghost sensor as a trigger, and threw in the timed condition.  This idea from the earlier linked post. "

Thanks however for your input.

I believe there's an issue with time conditions on any AHP version beyond 3.296.  You try reverting back to that version and see what happens.

Is there a way to revert back without having to reinstall all of the extra plugins I purchased?  Where can I download previous versions?  I don't see it listed here: http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

I was going to ask if anyone submitted this issue to a bug tracker, but I can't seem to find one :)  I just started using X10 about a month ago along with Activehome Pro, and already have about 3 major bugs that need to be addressed to prevent instability.  Thank you for your suggestion.

If anyone else has any suggestions that don't involve reverting, that would be great.  It would also be nice to be able to turn off Activehome updating, so as not to auto-update to buggy versions.  Is there an option for that?

Thanks,

-Rock

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 09:45:43 AM »

Sidebar question for those in the know: Does AHP 3.305 take care of the "identify all your lamp modules as LM14A's" problem? That was for timers not working wasn't it?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 10:23:33 AM »

Sidebar question for those in the know: Does AHP 3.305 take care of the "identify all your lamp modules as LM14A's" problem? That was for timers not working wasn't it?
Kind of!
But is a bit of a pain for older setups.
All softstart lamp modules now must be set as lamp modules
All old lamps (no soft start) must be set as "Older Lamps(no softstart)" so all light modules now must be edited
A Update to 3.305 may fix rock99rocks issue
rock99rock do not revert to an earlier version as you most likely have softstart lamp modules.
What you could try in your macro (once you've updated to 3.305) is specify each light you want to come on!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

rock99rock

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »

A Update to 3.305 may fix rock99rocks issue
rock99rock do not revert to an earlier version as you most likely have softstart lamp modules.
What you could try in your macro (once you've updated to 3.305) is specify each light you want to come on!
 >!

Thanks for the heads up.  When I "Check for update", it says I have the latest version (its not, its actually 3.302).  Will downloading the latest from here: http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm and overwriting the current install be a proper way to upgrade?

Thanks,

-Rock

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 03:50:39 PM »

The check for update button hasn't worked since 3.228 I believe.
 ::) :'
And the programmers are worried about confusing newbies! B:(  rofl
Just so sad I have to laugh ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

rock99rock

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »

The check for update button hasn't worked since 3.228 I believe.
 ::) :'
And the programmers are worried about confusing newbies! B:(  rofl
Just so sad I have to laugh ::) :'

Wow.  Thanks for the prompt reply.  So downloading from that link I provided then overwriting the main install should update it, and not make me have to reinstall all the plugins and import the setup again?  Is there a bug tracker that can be referenced so we can keep track that they know of certain issues?

Thanks,

-Rock

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 04:01:43 PM »

Yep, it's that easy!
I usualy have a thread going with latest bugs for that release but now have one thread for all on going issues.
Topic: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs
Simply reading the first post should keep you updated as I add remove from it as I'm aware of the issues or fixes!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

rock99rock

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 08:09:08 PM »

Yep, it's that easy!
I usualy have a thread going with latest bugs for that release but now have one thread for all on going issues.
Topic: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs
Simply reading the first post should keep you updated as I add remove from it as I'm aware of the issues or fixes!
 >!

Unfortunately, the situation still exists with the updated software.  How is it that some of these bugs have been around for so long?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »

The main reason is X10 doesn't keep their programers very long and when they get new ones they have to learn every thing from scratch! ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

rock99rock

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 11:17:42 PM »

Well I sent X10 my data file a month ago, haven't heard back after repeated attempts.  I'm pretty sure they only have one guy developing/fixing bugs.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 06:59:37 AM »

Believe it or not you need three macros.  There is an example here in the forum which works very well, and I have a similar setup for some of my doors.
The door switch turns on a phantom switch triggering macro #1, which turns on phantom switch #2 triggering macro #2 (time conditionals are here), and the third macro does the actionable items.  Rube Goldberg would be proud and there is a substantial time delay before any action (5 or 6 seconds).  If the times don't work, set a flag, and have the macro check for a flag before acting.

It's here: "Time condition in macro not working" by KDR
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:14:03 AM by JMac »

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 07:01:37 AM »

how about trying the reverse of what others are saying?

ERASED

My time range works
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:57:58 PM by mike »
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.