Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: radio shack wireless security model 49-1000 wired lamp module  (Read 14930 times)

robutox1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

:-\   I am having a heck of time getting a hot wired lamp module to communicate with the base unit as well the remote key pad.  The basics: the light is in the on position.  It works when manually activated by the switch.  I have cleared all sensors, and reprogrammed several times, as I have also cut the power to the light switch to see if that reprograms the sensor.  So far nothing.  I have disconnected any wireless phones  the house to see if that is interfering.  Nothing, any advise? 

P.S.  I also have purchased the Radio Shack wired wall socket too, but that too isn't responding.  I returned the unit, and replaced the two items just to see if that was the culprit, still no luck.

Radio Shack part number is 61-3005
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 01:11:20 PM by robutox1 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: radio shack wireless security model 49-1000 wired lamp module
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 07:31:40 AM »

Maybe a noise or split phase problem. Could you give us the R.S. Part Numbers so we maybe able to see what the X10 equivalent is?

robutox1

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 01:12:23 PM »

Maybe a noise or split phase problem. Could you give us the R.S. Part Numbers so we maybe able to see what the X10 equivalent is?

part number Radio Shack 61-3005

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 02:45:36 PM »

OK will give it a look. If I had read the original post closer I would have seen that part number already.  :'(
Looks like an X10 WS467 Wall Switch.
As a test for poor signals in some areas of the home. You may want to temporarily move the security console to different parts of the home and see if some of the modules or wall switches respond better.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 02:56:53 PM by Brian H »

robutox1

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 03:38:37 PM »

The proximity is close that shouldn't be the problem.  It is something with getting the unit to register its code with the base unit.  Is there any order that is generally required, for the unit once worked when I first got the system, but I had to change out the base unit for a siren problem.  Now the new base unit just is not registering the lamp module.  I have disconnected the power to the lamp module, changed light and house codes, reprogrammed, but it still won't register with the based unit.  I guess I need suggestions on how to get the lamp module to register.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 06:44:48 AM »

You register things like door and window sensors. I don't believe wall modules are registerable. Have you gone into the configuration screens and set the house and unit codes to match your modules address settings?

Robotux

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 10:42:46 PM »

Lamp modules worked when I changed the electrical outlet the main console was plugged into..go figure, but then it all worked.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »

Lamp modules worked when I changed the electrical outlet the main console was plugged into..go figure, but then it all worked.

???

Do you mean you replaced the original outlet, or you moved the console to another outlet?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.