Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MT13A won't control RTM75?  (Read 4718 times)

aaplmike

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MT13A won't control RTM75?
« on: January 31, 2011, 10:58:34 PM »

Hey all.

So, I have 3 RTM75's acting as wireless receivers for three house codes: A, B and C. Lamps are plugged into each of them.

I just picked up an MT13A Mini Timer, hoping to be able to control the attached lights.

During testing, I noticed that none of my RTM75's work with the MT13A at all. Other modules work fine.
They all work fine with wireless remotes, as expected.

Can someone verify that the RTM75's don't accept control messages over power lines? That'd be sad, as I'd have to buy 3 *additional* lamp modules to control the lights currently attached to my RTM75's.

Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: MT13A won't control RTM75?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:04:02 AM »

The RTM75. Is the retail model of the TM751.
As you suspected and I can confirm. It does not have any power line receiver in it. It can only be controlled by an X10 RF signal.

The MT13A can only do one House Code so controlling modules on A, B and C. Will not work.

You will have to use one House Code with the MT13A. For things like Lamp and Appliance modules.
Unless you reset the House Code on the MT13A. Each time you want to control a module on another House Code.

Lamp modules are only for incandescent type bulbs. So if you are using things like CFLs. Appliance modules should be used. The switch in the RTM75s are an appliance type. So CFLs are OK on them.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:11:58 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.