Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using Vanguard interferes with my PC wireless connection  (Read 13862 times)

schmuttis

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Using Vanguard interferes with my PC wireless connection
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »

I'm in the process of setting up my Vanguard software and two XCam2 cameras. When I have the Vanguard software open I don't have wireless connectivity on my PC. This is a problem since I'm trying to use the forum to help me setup my units.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

schmuttis

Re: Using Vanguard interferes with my PC wireless connection
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »

I should have mentioned that I'm using a VR36A video receiver with the two cameras.

schmuttis

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:59:44 PM »

Apparently the VA12A driver screws up other drivers. I installed the VA12A and was able to view feeds from the VR36A cameras. I thought I could switch camera views but the Vanguard software only shows the last camera turned on. The Vanguard software has no way to send an ON command to a different camera. While setting this up I found that I no longer had internet connection. It appears that the VA12A and/or Vanguard software screwed up my Net Gear PCI wireless card. Much to my chagrin I now know that the network card is exhibiting the same problem it had when I originally spent 4 days getting it to work on Windows 7. Now I have to find what I had done to get that working previously then try to get it to play nicely with the VA12A.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:04:09 PM by schmuttis »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 02:53:38 PM »

Apparently the VA12A driver screws up other drivers.
Are you sure? The cameras transmit video in the 2.4GHz band as doues your wireless router. If they happen to be on the same frequecny it could knock out your router signal (or router knock out the camera video.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

pnhildebrandt

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »

I had the same problem until I changed the frequency on the camera and the receiver.  Now the cameras work great and the PC wireless is not interferred with.

wychej

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 09:22:28 AM »

I'm currently having the same problem.  What setting should I apply to the router and camera?  Thanks.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »

I'm currently having the same problem.  What setting should I apply to the router and camera?  Thanks.
Try changing only the frequency of the cameras and receiver first, leaving the router as is. The cameras and receiver can be set to one of four channels, the factory default is "A". Your instructions will tell you where the A,B,C,D switch is located on each unit. IT IS NOT the HC-UC dials on the camera power supply.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

asinblue

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 12:33:19 PM »

there's  a little rubber cover next to the camera lens at the base, pull that off and move the switch to the opposite side, all the way. Don't fool around with trying to see what channel your router is on or what channel each setting is on the camera, just move it to the other end. It will be on a frequency rarely used on a router. that should do it.

Vanguard wont affect you're wireless network. It will do other things, like basically not work or run or start as a software, but it wont affect the cameras. Total POS. Glad there are other suckers like me who fell for this crap. X10 must be filthy rich from all us suckers.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 12:43:47 PM »

If you have one of the 2.4GHz cameras here is where the channel switch is.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Finding_the_Channel_Switch_on_Wireless_Cameras

If you have one of the new X10 921MHz Pro wireless cameras. It does not have any channel selection switches, but is also not in the frequency range a wireless network maybe using.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.