Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Batteries and CM15A  (Read 3154 times)

jayman13

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Batteries and CM15A
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:29:31 PM »

I have my CM15a plugged into my computer and the wall outlet.  I put new batteries in it about 1 month ago.  I am using timers and macros but I noticed on AHP that the battery indicator was red when before it was green.  I changed the batteries to brand new ones once again and it is green again.  So my question is, what gives?  Is it using battery power when the CM15a is plugged in?  I haven't had any power outages and I control all my modules through the powerline.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Batteries and CM15A
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 12:42:45 PM »

You may want to try a small test.
With the CM15A connected to the AC power. Remove the batteries and see if it still works.
We did have someone here where the CM15A had a power supply problem and even plug in was partially running on batteries.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/CM15A_Should_Not_Eat_Batteries

jayman13

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:48:48 PM »

thanks.  Will try that.  I think I have another CM15a lying around.  If I decide to use that one instead is there something special I need to do to make sure all my timers, etc... are in the new interface?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »

thanks.  Will try that.  I think I have another CM15a lying around.  If I decide to use that one instead is there something special I need to do to make sure all my timers, etc... are in the new interface?

You should just be able to clear the interface memory, and then download to the new one.
(Make sure to remove the batteries from the old one, and unplug it, too).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.