Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 false alarms in 1 night  (Read 6738 times)

sara2

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
2 false alarms in 1 night
« on: February 10, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »

I've had the DS7000 installed now for about one and a half years.  No real problems until a month ago when I got a false alarm during the night.  Nothing moved or changed, so I decided to replace all the batteries.  Everything ok until last night, 2 false alarms.  After the first one, I briefly checked and all seemed ok.  I reset it and 2 1/4 hours later it sounded again.  No visible problems so I just kept it off.  I later checked all the door and window sensors, they seemed ok, nothing out of place and clearly a signal to the console.  I don't use the motion sensors. 

Anything else I should look for?  I'd hate to think this system is failing so soon. Possibly a bad battery or loose wire somewhere?   

Thanks, Sara

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: 2 false alarms in 1 night
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:45:34 PM »

Is it the same zone?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »

as dave asked - is it the same zone each time? 

do u know how to tell?  manual says the zone that triggers blinks when you shut it off (1x - dont restart of the blinking indicator goes away).

I had similar 1.5 yr later fals alarms in middle of night start - turned out to be loose wire screw on ds10 switch at one door.  tightned it up and again have been rock solid for another 6 months and counting.  I should have realized this when the door started ding-donging when closing rather than just when opening

sara2

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 10:57:21 AM »

I shut off the alarm first, then checked the console.  Didn't see any lights 1-8 or 9-16.  So I reset it.  I believe to check 9-16 I hit bypass?

Last night was ok.  When I have time I'll go over each connection and check for any loose wires.  Maybe just a fluke but I'll post back if it happens again.

Thanks, sara

sara2

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »

So far there have been no more false alarms.  With the system armed, I went thru and checked every sensor for any loose connections, tried moving wires but nothing would set it off.  Every door and window seemed to be working fine.  I'll just wait and see if it happens again.

sara

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »

Any possibility one of the remotes is setting off the panic alarm?  Mine have mysteriously found themselves between cushions, under the dog, wedged in a drawer.

If you're not getting the telltale zone indicator, I wouldn't suspect the sensors. - And if it was the sensor and the DS7000 didn't show the broken zone, the DS7000 may have a problem??
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

sara2

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 12:24:58 PM »

Sorry it took me so long to get back.  So far the system has been ok.  Not likely the remotes since they're always put in the same place after use.  If it happens again I'll have to do a more thorough check of the sensors or console.

I did lose power for about 13 hrs. this week and I think around 12 hrs. the new console battery was showing low.  So I guess that's about max. on mine.  Glad I didn't have to reset everything.

Thanks, sara

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.