Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Building a Macro  (Read 6209 times)

TheVulcanAdmiral

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Building a Macro
« on: February 15, 2011, 11:53:08 AM »

I would like to create a button that would turn the TV on, set the video input, turn on the Blu-Ray player and turn on the Tuner.

Looking at the manual, I'm confused.  It would be nice to have an LCD button that says "Watch Blu-Ray" in the same menu as "TV" or "Tuner".  Can I put this macro at the top-level menu (like in place of the HVAC device which is currently grayed out)?  The manual makes it sound like I would have to first select TV then I can select one of the L-buttons under that.

I do have all the original remotes from which to learn the commands from.

Can anyone give me a step-by-step on how to set this up?

Thanks!

TheBassman

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Building a Macro
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »

I needed the exact thing you asked for and was disappointed to "Learn" that I had to build the macro by learning each command from my orig remotes. But I trudged on.

I created 1 macro on my DVR device screen and named it "Watch DVD" It switches my audio receiver to the Blu-Ray input and turns on the Blu_ray player. (My old remote would allow me to also set the current device to DVD/Blu-Ray as well so I could start the movie by hitting play. But with the Nstinct I have to press the device button  :( )

Then on my DVD device screen I created another macro named "DVD Off" that switches everything back to my regular DVR watching setup.

1. Enter the "learn" mode. HOME>SETUP>MORE>LEARN>SIDE KEYS>The device you want the function to be available on>. (DVR in my case) Select the position L1 or ?.

2. Line up your remotes as shown and hit "OK" to begin learning. I started with the power button on my Blu-Ray. When the remote shows "Success!" you can press "Add Key To Macro" side button. Then you may want to add a 1 or 2 second delay.

3. line up your TV remote and press "OK" to start learning the next key. (You may want the TV to power on now so learn the TV Power button"

4. Continue adding keys and delays until you are done. Then you should hit "Change Label" button and name your new macro.

5. Hit "Done" and test your new macro.

You can then create a new macro under the Blu-Ray device that changes the input back etc..

I hope this helps some folks.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.